BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Partial Structure Display Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm using two different set of views as described in the attached image. The problem is that the wall tops in doors are missing when the Partial Structure Display is set to Core Only or Without Finishes.
It seems to me that it can't deal with the turn plaster option using Wall Finish Skins when the view isn't set to display the entire structure.
Can someone tell me if this is one of those bugs you have to patch?
If this is the case this is something that should be addressed as soon as possible.

Thank you very much in advance.
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to bump this topic but having no answer to this day I just wanted to ask if someone could tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just a bug.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
i cant recreate your problem...
everything works fine at my place !
check pic !

...try some other door
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
gassis wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm using two different set of views as described in the attached image. The problem is that the wall tops in doors are missing when the Partial Structure Display is set to Core Only or Without Finishes.
It seems to me that it can't deal with the turn plaster option using Wall Finish Skins when the view isn't set to display the entire structure.
Can someone tell me if this is one of those bugs you have to patch?
If this is the case this is something that should be addressed as soon as possible.

Thank you very much in advance.
Maybe a stupid question but:
You say you are using the "Show Opening Only" option in the Model View Options Dialog.
Do you also have the "With Contours" checkbox checked (As shown in Necko's image)?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

Finally thank you all for some feedback!
Laszlo I've attached an image with the contours turned on. Unfortunately it won't solve anything .
NeckoFromSarajevo, I've reproduced your solution with the door on the left in the attached image and it gave me the same result as yours. It seems to me there's a problem with the door frame and the plaster!
Any solutions?

Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post an image of what you would like to achieve?

Is it that there are no lines on the two sides on the Door or is it that the overhead line is not dashed?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi laszlo,

The problem is that I can't get the lines on the two sides of the door and I can't understand why.
Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What I see from you screenshots is that out of the three Door the frame of the one on the left is not as wide as the Wall, while the other two is.
In case of that Door the lines are there on the two sides.
This may have something to do with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
check ganging option ! If it is ON then turn it OFF !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Necko,

It's turned off. Could you please try Using a simple D1 13 door with both casings on, Frame Style 2, Frame Thickness=Wall Thickness and Uniform Frame Width to see if you get the same error? The example you gave me was with a different Frame Style so the error couldn't be observed, I suppose.
I've tried your solution and, as you can se by the image, had no problem. The problem comes up with the type of door casing I'm trying to use.
Let's hope It's just something I'm missing as I just can't seem to figure out what the problem is!
Learn and get certified!