BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

vectoral hatching

Anonymous
Not applicable
this may have been covered elsewhere but i couldn't find it.
Is there any way of assigning a colour to the background of a vectoral hatch in archicad 13??
I know it is possible to it with cover fills but it seems you can only alter the hatch outline pen with vectoral hatching which is a bit rubbish!
thanks
jon
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a background pen setting for all fill types.
Anonymous
Not applicable
where?!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jon:

You need to post a fuller description of your issue. Where (plan, section, 3D?) are you viewing the fill, and how (fill tool, part of another element?) is the fill being added? Images always help.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
apologies, i am new to this. i think i have updated my profile now tho.

The issue I have is as follows:
when assigning a material to a wall, for example the wood siding dark, you will see that in 3d. Then in elevation settings i have the vectoral hatch ticked so that you will get the horizontal planks showing which i was what I want. However I then cannot see a way in which to alter the colours of this hatch. Altering the uncut pen in the wall settings will change the outline and the lines in the hatch but I cannot see where to alter the background colour of the hatch or where it is picking that colour up from.
I am aware it is easily done in cover fills with the foreground and background pens but cannot see an obvious way of doing the same process for the vectoral hatches.
I hope this makes the issue I have a little clearer and appreciate any help!
jon
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jon

The colour in shaded elevations is determined by the material's Internal Engine "Surface colour".

And make sure in the Elevation / Section tool settings you have Fill uncut surfaces with... "Own material colours"
Anonymous
Not applicable
AMAZING!
thanks for your help! an easy solution-just knowing where to find it, the same as for many other issues for a newbie!
jon
Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy to help.
Learn and get certified!