BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Problem with Teamwork views linked to PLN file

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I have a large project with a teamwork file and several pln files. To manage the drawings i created a separate PLN file just for the drawings, where i have linked the views from the various files.
Today when i wanted to update the views of the Teamwork file, i get this error message: "Unsent changes in your source project are preventing the status checking process.
Go to the project and send your changes to the Server, then press the Check Status command again in the current project."

I did Send and Receive a lot of times, but to no avail, i cannot update my views. Even if i delete them and re-link them i get a blank drawing.

What can i do???
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
32 REPLIES 32
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Ok, so i did what Greg suggested i.e. everybody left the project, i saved a PLN, and i re-shared.
It worked ok for a couple of days...
and today...
guess what?
The same problem!
I get the same error message: "Unsent changes in your source project are preventing the status checking process.
Go to the project and send your changes to the Server, then press the Check Status command again in the current project."

This is really bad.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Some updates on the problem... (in case there is anyone interested)
The problem still persists... Re-sharing doesn't solve the problem.
After a lot of trial and error (mostly error) i found that to be able to update drawings, i must follow a specific order in Send&Receive, and after everyone has sent changes then open the file with the layouts.

Another thing: When publishing DWG's i get this message (see attached image) even if i had just updated the drawings. The publishing process get's stuck, and i have to click on the "Stop checking" button otherwise, it goes on forever (or at least for as much i had the patience to wait, a lot!). And i have to do it for every single drawing!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for keeping us informed.
Im afraid to try teamwork 2 until all these glitches are resolved
Maybe in 14?
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
To avoid the drawing update during the publishing process the best method is setting every drawing to manual update. The update can be done after everybody has sent the changes.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Marton,
all drawings are on the "manual" update status...
they were manual all along...
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I'm happy to say that finally, with build 3600 the above described problem has been finally solved.

ALTHOUGH:

If the linked view belongs to a file with a previous build, it is impossible to update the view. A misleading error message appears: see attached image.

This should be somehow addressed, and it should me mentioned on the GS Collaboration Guide.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I was too fast to say the problem was solved...

The problem appeared again often!

What happens now, is that upon updating an external view the background Archicad crashes. But the PLN with the linked view stays open with the updating process still running!!! (the two green arrows turning)

Isn't that great!?!?!?!?

I have sent the bug reports to GS, but i'm not holding my breath... i suppose they couldn't care less about problems on AC 13...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Achille wrote:
If the linked view belongs to a file with a previous build, it is impossible to update the view. A misleading error message appears: see attached image.

This should be somehow addressed, and it should me mentioned on the GS Collaboration Guide.

GS has stressed that for TW to be successful, all users must be on the same build. You should also open all files in the new build prior to working so the set of files for a project are all on the same build.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I know that Erika...
my remark was not referred to TW2.

I was talking about having a PLN file, that has linked views from other PLN (solo) files.
If the PLN with the layouts and linked views is build 3600, and some of the linked PLN solo files containing the 3d model are build 3259, then you cannot update the views and a strange error message appears.

Maybe i haven't made myself perfectly clear.

Anyway the other problem (which is the serious one) still persists...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sorry Achille, ,I didn't realize that you were trying to link from solo files.
When you open the solo files in the same build and then link do you get the same error messages/problems?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!