Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh for suspended driveway

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to create a mesh for a suspended driveway. Creating the mesh and getting the shape i'm able to do.
What i cant do is get the thickness of the slab. It seems to be drawing it as a single line only. In the parameters dialog there doesn't seem to be a setting to change the thickness of the mesh, or the depth.
I cant do it as a roof or raked wall because there are to many different levels.

Cheers

E_5 Elevation.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
Only the top surface of a mesh can have a slope.
The underside is always flat.

2 workarounds.

1 - ensure the mesh is deep enough to allow for the fall.
Duplicate (copy & paste) the mesh and alter the elevation of this mesh down by how thick you want the drive to be.
Then do a Solid Element Operation and subtract the lower mesh away from the higher mesh and hide the lower one on a layer that won't be seen.

2 - Make the mesh you require and then use the Mesh To Roof add-on to convert it to roof planes (then hope you don't have to edit it - keep a copy of the mesh in a hidden layer just in case).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can i find the mesh to roof add on
Anonymous
Not applicable
And I can't just imagine why GS is ignoring the option of having a thickness in Mesh tool for all that time !

I've heard this question with every single user ! it could be a good modeling tool ... but no ! why would GS do that ? better to drop MaxonForm, and better to drop the Sketchup - ArchiCAD convertor ... I mean common ! who needs to model these days ! so lets stick to the darn workarounds ...yopeeeeee
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
kryan05 wrote:
Where can i find the mesh to roof add on
Kev:

Under the Help menu, select "ArchiCAD 13 Downloads".

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that Dave.

cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, that's a cool tool!
Thank you for the tip, about how to use it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
why not use multiple roof surfaces... ? surly that would be easier.. u could set the incline accurately then to each segment
Anonymous
Not applicable
i found the Mesh to roof tool great to use. Will be using it again in the future.