BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad and Calculation menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder how many ArchiCAD users really need/use the calculation menu.
I myself ,although i know how to use it (it took me 2 days to learn it), i have never really need it or ,even more, use it.
23 REPLIES 23
Karl Ottenstein
cmacd wrote:
Is anyone actively using ArchiCAD for complete quantity takeoffs for costing and ordering for residential homes?
Yes - Rick Thompson, for one. Browse through this forum, or do appropriate keyword searches, and you'll find various discussions, examples, screenshots. It is not easy / automatic.

There is also an entire book available containing a methodology for doing it, along with examples: "ArchiCAD: from CAD to Quantity Survey" by Eric Wilk, available from FC-Cadlink.

This is changing the subject of this thread - so perhaps continue in another thread specific to quantity survey / estimates, or start a fresh one. Definitely, you'll want to at least read these and search for more:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=26998

and some discussion of the ArchiQuant add-on:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=20904

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thanks Karl,

had forgot it was Rick who did this.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
cmacd
Booster
Thanks, Karl, for pointing me in the right direction.
Rich Matthews

Mac Pro (2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5/ 32.0 GB RAM, Cinema HD 30” & 4K 27” Monitors; AC24 AUS Full/Mac OS X 10.13.6
PC AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.9 GHz 8-core 32GB; 4K 32” Monitor ; AC25 AUS Full/Twinmotion 2021.1/Win10
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi !

Just to add there was a discount from Eric Wilk for the spring arrival and the 15th anniversary of his website BUT I don't know if it stills running.
here is the anonucement :
"Hello

To celebrate spring and the 15-year history of CF-CadLink, I offer you a discount on my books.
-ArchiCAD de la CAO au métré: costs 25 euros
-ArchiCAD from CAD to quantity survey: cost 30 euros

A saving of 15 euros.

Also shipping is free.

So do not wait,visit the FC-CadLink Shop "

the original link: http://www.fc-cadlink.com/fccl-portail/news

That's being said, shouldn't GS provide a better understable "reference"* guide for calculation & exemples as it is imho not really understable for the one who want to start using that dark part of ArchiCAD

* i would like to avoid "reference" as it's led to two incomprehensible documents for ArchiCAD GDL & Calculation. (at least for me )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Learn and get certified!