BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How would you draw Cinema/Theatre chair ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm looking into Cinema and theatre architecture here at University and I need to model my design in 3D. One of the things that I want to do is show all the seating (120 seats ) in situ i.e in front of the screen. How would I go about creating the rows of seats that are found in a Cinema ?

Essentially the chairs are just 2 planes, but I'm not sure how to make them look real and add detailing.

Thank You
13 REPLIES 13
Jacek
Contributor
Cinema seating is in the standard library in the furniture folder. I also saw a few varying arrangements and seat types in the international library. Take a quick look. You may want to set two or three a adjoining seats and distribute them using the multiple copy and radial distribution to get the correct radius.
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it the " Audience Seating' ?

Thank You
Jacek
Contributor
Yes, that is one. There is an international library with "Multiple Seating" folder, section 12 60 00 with about seven different types of theatre seating choices from Fora Form. Try finding them online if you don't have the library. That Library was available from ACE - ArchiCAD East from Canada. One monster library put together from various libraries worldwide.

Try it, it is worth it.
Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jacek wrote:
Yes, that is one. There is an international library with "Multiple Seating" folder, section 12 60 00 with about seven different types of theatre seating choices from Fora Form. Try finding them online if you don't have the library. That Library was available from ACE - ArchiCAD East from Canada. One monster library put together from various libraries worldwide.

Try it, it is worth it.
Jacek
Thank You.

Is it a free download ? Is it posted on Graphisofts website or a 3rd party? Google is a bit messy with this.
Jacek
Contributor
You can download the library parts -parametric seats, and other elements from the manufacturer's web site directly.
Go to "Fora Form" website, log in and choose the download you want or use them all.
For ArchiCAD East library download, you are asked for a donation. I am not sure if their website is updated and still functioning, the last time I checked there was no new information posted.
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jacek wrote:
You can download the library parts -parametric seats, and other elements from the manufacturer's web site directly.
Go to "Fora Form" website, log in and choose the download you want or use them all.
For ArchiCAD East library download, you are asked for a donation. I am not sure if their website is updated and still functioning, the last time I checked there was no new information posted.
www.foraform.no/ ?

Thank You
Jacek
Contributor
That's the one..
there are probably others as well, just do a little search!
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thay are great ! Thank you.

I'm now going to look for tables/stands and general public furniture
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that I've got the chairs, how do I change their dimensions ? Below is what I'm presented with when clicking on the objects settings, as you can see, the parameters are all empty...

Thank You
Screen shot 2010-04-08 at 21.33.36.png
Learn and get certified!