BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stair Model View Options

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to control some of the stair settings globally. (Up/DN text,walking line, rail, etc)

I found it quite easy to add global settings to the MVO when I am controlling specific parts (those with clearly defined macros or no macros at all) or custom made parts, but the stair gdl has me a little lost.

Does anyone know what .gsm files I should be adding script to (besides the LIBRARYGLOBALS of course)?

Also, when you "Create Stair" where is it pulling the information from? Wood Stairs; Metal Stairs; Precast Concrete Stairs; maybe just the Stair Macros?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to put this in your objects

pippo = 0
success = ("yourmacro", "yourmacrovalue", pippo)
IF success and pippo then ......... good work
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know how to script global settings,
I found it quite easy to add global settings to the MVO when I am controlling specific parts(those with clearly defined macros or no macros at all) or custom made parts, but the stair gdl has me a little lost.
What I don't know is what parts I need to edit specifically for the stairs.

Example: when you "Create a Stair", what parts does it pull from to create this stair? When a stair has been created there is no gdl associated to it AFAIK (visible anyway), when you select a stair and open the object all you get is the GUI screen for that stair (no GDL).

When you search within the AC13 Library for the individual stair parts that would create the composite stair (BTW, I don't use the default Library, I have extracted the Library to customize many different parts for our office) there are literally 65+ individual gsm parts to choose from:
-03 40 00 Precast (4 parts)
-05 51 00 Metal Stairs (4 parts)
-05 52 00 Metal Railings (7 parts)
-06 43 00 Wood Stairs and Railings (23 parts)
-MACROS 13_Structure Macros_Railing Macros & Stair Macros (29 parts)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Example: when you "Create a Stair"

You are talking about StairMaker's stair?

If Yes ...

I think you are going to a closed way.
Do you know that StairMaker use Vert Edge and Pgon to create the body?
Use a txt files for railing (inside AddOns>StairMaker>Railings)
Do you know StairMaker doesn't use nobody macro from the library?

If StairMaker uses some macro, I think arrives from an embedded library (inside apx) and you can not change it.

If No

I don't know where is the problem??
You have to made :
1)Your own UI interface objects. You can see it into Model View Options.
2)And add in your (stair) object the global code
This is all
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you CU mirco.

I did not know how Stairmaker created stairs. I assumed the Stairmaker GUI was linked to a macro or macros.

It sounds like I will not be able to control a custom stair (from Stairmaker) w/ Model View Options.
Learn and get certified!