BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid element operation doesnt work wit D+W13

rozky
Contributor
Hi
i want to subtract composite floor with wall
I set doors lower oversize to get proper detail in the doors section
when i use doors13 it doesn't works, with doors12 it woks fine
Is it a bug or...
Ryzen Threadripper 1950X - 64GB RAM; NVidia GTX 1080Ti ; Windows 10 64bit; AC10-AC23 (64bit)
11 REPLIES 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
It never worked correctly in 12 either.

If you trim a floor slab with a wall containing a door, the hole the door sits in doesn't trim the floor slab. The parts of the door; panel, casing, frame, threshold and sill don't trim the floor slab.

Doors and windows cannot be used as operators, just the walls they reside in.

Screen shot taken in 12
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
rozky
Contributor
of course i know
It is imposable to use the door as operator
the problem is that when you use doors from library13 the hole the door sits in trim the floor slab
i don't know why

Ryzen Threadripper 1950X - 64GB RAM; NVidia GTX 1080Ti ; Windows 10 64bit; AC10-AC23 (64bit)
Frank Beister
Advisor
Hello Erika,

I get it to work in AC 12. If I trim a floor slab by wall and make the correct settings for the threashold inside the door object it works fine for me.

Not in AC13. "Same" object (AC13 version of course) and trimming makes an empty space below the door panel.

I gave it friday a quick try to search for a possible fault in the gdl code, but didn't find anything.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Frank,
Good to see you again!
I'll try it again in 12, 29th time lucky 😉
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why don't you use simply SEO?
Frank Beister
Advisor
It seems GS has divided Macro code into external doors and internal doors:

AC12:
GS Door Special Functions GER.gsm

AC13:
GS External Door Functions CHE.gsm
GS Internal Door Functions CHE.gsm

And now surprise:
External doors in 13 work as all doors in 12. Only internal doors come up with the empty threshold.

I give the "GS Internal Door Functions CHE.gsm" a look tonight.

@Markus:
I use SEOs. That's the point! The SEOS subtract not the complete opening, only the opening size of the door panel.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Erika Epstein
Booster
The US doors stopped having the oversize feature at some point. When I open up the international version Oversize is there.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

rozky
Contributor
So I am back
at first sorry for my english am not sure that you undestood my problem
so i try to explain my workflow little more detailed
i want to get proper detail of the floor in section throughout door13
i use SEOs (if this is solid element operation) to trim floor with wall
(this is because i am too lazy to make separately floor for every room and in this way i am able to do it in one step for whole story.
of course that vertical position of wall is set to negative number which depend on thickness of the floor. Position of the floorslab is set to 0 to current story. Now, when i use SEOs subtract, the wall trim the floor. But I need to keep the floor under doors therefore i have to oversize opening to floorslab thickness. Whit this settings I reach that there is no wall to substract from floor.

This workflow was possible in AC12 and AC13 with doors12, but when I use doors13 the wall trim the floorslab even there is opening.
I know there is many ways to solve out this problem I am interesting about this behavior of the doors 13 and if is possible to set it (opening)to don't trim the floor.

thank you
rozky
Contributor
@F. Beister
That is funny
Is there any chance to fix it?

or wait for GS
Learn and get certified!