BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD new pricing programs

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know in which geographical areas this is available, but here it is:

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/press_zone/archicad-rental.html
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
Laszlo,
Will the rental keys be able to use add-ons that you own? Is that an additional fee? The local reseller did not know.
I seriously doubt it unless the add-ons are independent of your license key.

For example, MEP and EcoDesigner are 'hard' licenses that reside on a protection key. Typically, for a solo commercial license, these MEP and ED licenses reside on the same keyplug. I believe it is possible (?) to get them on a separate key. It is also possible to share them via the WIBU server functionality.

The Cigraph add-ons have their own WIBU key - so not an issue - just have to use that key as well as the rental key.

Encina's add-ons use software keys, but I think (cannot remember) that they are 'linked' to a particular WIBU? Ditto Cadimage?

Or, are you asking if the rental program also includes rental licenses for MEP and ED (etc)?

Cheers,
Karl

PS Even though that press release was on the main GS web site, since the 'location' for the release was Boston, I wonder if this new rental program only applies in North America (GSNA)?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Karl wrote:
Encina's add-ons use software keys, but I think (cannot remember) that they are 'linked' to a particular WIBU?
Only FrameWright is linked to the serial number of the ArchiCAD dongle, because it is a highly customised solution and we keep in close contact with these customers.

All our other add-ons are licensed just as other software - with a registration name and code. There is no linking to dongles of any kind. Dongles are a burden on the people who have legitimately paid for the software, and only prevent the most casual attempts at piracy. Therefore, they only harm customers - they've certainly cost me (and others I work with) a lot of time and money.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl wrote:

Or, are you asking if the rental program also includes rental licenses for MEP and ED (etc)?

Cheers,
Karl
This option.
If you get hire someone to help can the key come with MEP for example so both people can work with it.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!