Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Google Sketchup objects?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I heard that you can create objects in Google Sketchup and then transfer said objects over to ArchiCAD 13. Is this possible and how is it done?
9 REPLIES 9
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Branden,

Yes you can. Please follow the link below to find the free add-on from Graphisoft.

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/sketchup/

Cheers!
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks N, is there a ArchiCAD 13/Sketchup 7 compatible plug-in?
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Branden,

You are correct. The Sketch-Up Add-On is discontinued starting in AC 13. Sorry about the mixup. You actually have to download "Google Earth Connections for ArchiCAD." So you will have to publish your model to Google 3D Warehouse and then use this Add-On to import into ArchiCAD.

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
While I used to think a .skp file or model had to be published onto Google Warehouse in order to open in AC, I've discovered that when you go to File>Open you will see an acceptable file extension of .skp for Sketch Up files. Opening .skp files seems to do the same conversion as importing Google Warehouse objects.

The Google Earth Connections add-on is still required to be installed in order for this feature to be available.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to bring in a StetchUp file into Archicad seemlessly but even with the Google earth connections the model gets broken down to a lot of triangular surfaces. Is there something else that I need to do either in Archicad or SketchUp to correct this problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Since I have the 64-bit AC13, and this plugin is unvailable for this version, how do I open SU-files in AC?
Export to 3ds and then open them?

And the other way, is it possible to save AC files to a format which SU can import?

What are the best way of doing it on a 64-bit AC?

Cheers,
Eirik
rob2218
Enthusiast
Please folks...let's be more specific here.
Apparently, the Google Earth Add-On only works for the PC NOT the MAC machines.

What I was recently told was the following:
1. download the "Google Earth Internation Add-on" for AC14 for the PC.
2. use the add on to open an SKP file in a PC.
3. save the new PLN file which will include the data from the SKP file.
4. open the PLN file in the MAC operating system and it should work.....

at least that' what I've been led to believe.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
rob2218
Enthusiast
by the way, I just did it this afternoon. The interface on a PC with the google sketch add-on plopping the google 3d warehouse object into Archicad 14 is seemless!!! good job someone at Graphisoft.

Now, if they would only make one for the 64 bit coding for the MAC.

Yeah, yeah..understand something about the Carbon and Coco operating system switch over but.....hell guys.....come on. Let's get this to work on a MAC why don't cha...for Pete's sake.

Let's not get all muddled up in the logistics of who's operating does what or who's gonna switch from Carbon to Coco.....but let's just have Graphisoft make a "Google Earth 3d warehouse" add-on for the MACS!!!!!
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Michael
Contributor
No MAC version yet is there....will there be one

why is one always penalized for working in the mac environment.......happened yesterday......happened today.....and undoubtedly tomorrow

All I want to do is create architecture, easily (on a mac preferably)
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10