BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing PDF with vectorial Hatching

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our team has had some issues printing some design boards where the brick running bond vectorial Hatch has been used.
The issue is that when the file is printed different patterns of dark or light brick show up.
Also, in some cases the vectorial pattern does not even print in places. These patterns seem to be random as they never occur in the same spot of the generated elevation when printed at different times.
We have tried saving the file in different formats but its still an issue. If anyone has any insight into what we could do to resolve this it would be really helpful.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried publishing to PDF, and then saving a high-res tiff file from the pdf? I have found this helps in ploting.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The print shop where I was getting this image printed tried a few different options to see if it was on their end. What we found out was the image has to be printed a certain way.

They open the pdf in reader and say print as image. This gave the best quality. The brick coursing stopped creating dark and light random patterns.

To print as image:

1. Open the PDF file in Acrobat.
2. Choose File > Print.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Select Print As Image near the top of the dialog box.
5. Click OK, and then click OK again to print.

TechNote Adobe:
Print as image

At times, you may encounter problems when printing a PDF file. For example, a PDF file can contain damaged content such as images or fonts that cannot be rendered by Acrobat during the printing process. Choosing Print As Image bypasses that rendering operation by sending the printer a rasterized image of the document.
genarch
Enthusiast
We have been experiencing problems for over a year with patches of light printing and fuzzy lines when printing drawings that have many areas of vectorial hatch patterns. From my experiments, I have found that the problem is present no matter which printer we use, so long as we print directly from ArchiCAD or from Preview via PDF file.

However, the workaround has been to save PDFs and print using Adobe Reader. Seems Adobe's PDF reader or print engine does not produce the same print quality issues.
Mac OSX 13.6.5

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
Learn and get certified!