BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Strange BIM Server Library Behavior

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I am (all of a sudden) experiencing some strange behavior with our BIM Server Libraries. Of course, this is happening with approx. 4 weeks to go in a 35 million dollar project that we have been working on for a year!

We are loading approximately 13 -15 BIM Server Libraries, ranging from the AC 13 & 12 Migration Lib's to specific Libraries developed in-house. We are having problems w/ 1 library in specific, which in turn is causing problems w/ another.

I added the Library "VSWC Casework Library" as a BIM Serv. Lib. It loads fine, and works perfectly for me (User #1), however all other users cannot see this library. In fact what they see is the parts from "VSWC Casework Library" in the "Appliances" Library, but now the appliance library parts are not there.

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot this issue.
- Reload all of the BIM Server Libraries under "Manage BIM Server Libraries"
- Delete and add back the Lib's to the Project
- Delete the project from the server
- Share the project from a .pln w/ a new name
- Delete and re-establish all of the users

Still no luck. Same behavior:

User #1 - Admin & houses the BIM Server. All of the Lib's load correctly and act correctly
Users #2 through #5 - Problems w/ 1 single library (VSWC Casework). This lib is not visible in either the Lib Manager or in the pull down list within the object dialog. However, the parts from the "missing" library are now located in another library (Appliances), but the parts originally in the Appliances Lib are missing.

I can post some screen shots if this explanation is confusing.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
What if User #1 embeds the parts needed and the rest just dump the server libraries? Even if this won't work for you long term it could be a get by solution for now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Reluctantly, that is now what I have done. It works, but is not ideal.

I have had to take away the ability to modify or delete from the user settings. Using a BIM Server Library was great because the parts were housed separately and could not be modified by anyone but myself.

I hope there is a solution for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just as an update:

I placed all of the separate BIM Serv Lib's into (1) folder; esentially creating 1 BIM Server Library, and that appears to have solved the issue.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the # of BS Lib's that a TW2 project can handle? I certainly couldn't find anything documenting that, but didn't look real hard.
Haneef Tayob
Booster
We've just upgraded to AC14 and have also been experiencing similiar strange behaviour with the BIMServer libraries not loading for all our cad stations. We never had the problem in AC13 BIMserver.

The workaround suggested of putting the various libraries into one folder ant then uploading them to the BIMserver seems to have solved most of the issues, allowing us to at least get on with our work.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Learn and get certified!