Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library Parts Growing after being created

Anonymous
Not applicable
I create a 100X100X5 SHS post using Slab. i hollow it out and and round the corners so it looks like a steel post and give it a height of 1000. however after then saving it as a library part and then start using it in my drawings as a post.. it grows to 100X102x5.. it actually happens to alot of things like cleats and base plates.. i save them then use them and they have automatically grown or shrunk by 2mm. My drawings get rather unpridictable and messy i find out the hard way that an object has stuffed up.. i might try and re-install archicad.. has anyone else ever experienced this?
4 REPLIES 4
Rod Jurich
Contributor
MadWOWdiseas wrote:
I create a 100X100X5 SHS post using Slab./.....
If you add your version and OS to your signature you will get a quick/accurate answer.

Assuming you may be using 13 why do you got to such trouble when you can
import the appropriate section.

See attached.
AUS 100SHS.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I made some tables form slabs and posts and saved as an object (in AC11) and they were slightly out too, by a few millimeters. Not sure what caused it but wasn't important in my case. You learn to live with Archicad's little foibles after a while.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
s2art wrote:
/.... You learn to live with Archicad's little foibles after a while.
Stuart, another reason to update
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not me you have to convince, its the guy that pays the bills.