Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone heard something about Archicad 14?

what new or improved features or release date or something?

Thanks
107 REPLIES 107
owen
Newcomer
KenMcN wrote:
Owen
Have you checked permissions on the 'corrupt' files?
I've found Archicad doesn't always inherit the permissions of the enclosing folder, as it is set to do via OSX Server (particularly if Access Control Lists are used).
Sometimes this prevents other people from opening a file.
Just a guess…
Yes this used to be a problem, but i thought it had been fixed in AC12? Anyway this (ACLs) doesn't seem to be the problem (can be opened by other means by same user) - something fishy is going on with the BPN files too so need our IT guru to investigate further.
KeesW wrote:
Any chance of getting back to the topic - i.e. ArchiCad 14?
back to the speculation ...
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
KeesW wrote:
Any chance of getting back to the topic - i.e. ArchiCad 14?
How about any idea if anyone has caught wind of a potential release timeframe? I could assume it would be in the fall just like AC13 was last year.
Anonymous
Not applicable
nobody really gets that kind of information about archicad's lunch................until release day.as the story goes just wait and watch,hope and believe, get it and an ARCHICAD IT.....................
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
redworks wrote:
nobody really gets that kind of information about archicad's lunch................until release day.as the story goes just wait and watch,hope and believe, get it and an ARCHICAD IT.....................
Who do they think they are-Apple? Actually, I really wish they would give us some kind of build up. My boss is thinking no upgrade this year. This will be a first, but our workload needs to pick up drastically and I know we are not the only ones. Graphisoft needs to market v14 even to existing users. Just my thoughts.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think we'll be running out to get 14 when it comes out either, unless it has some drastically new and exciting features...
Anonymous
Not applicable
cmon...dont loose your time and write here on this forums what you want and what you wish . . .cos you will not get it !
just check wish forum and everything will be clear for you
i know bunch of architect who uses AC10 and when they ask me do we miss something in AC13 ...my anwer is OFC NO !
AC10 + some addons is same as AC13 and that sux !
So i im very happy when i see some new useres who realise that giving money to GS and getting nothing is a bas buisness !
NandoMogollon
Advocate
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
cmon...dont loose your time and write here on this forums what you want and what you wish . . .cos you will not get it !
... this is just a little investigation on the "other" BIM (did someone said Virtual Building?) application's forum...
They send you mails and everything!!!
AUGI mail.png
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Perhaps we will see the new version sooner this year than last. My unreliable source tells me that beta testing is over now.

Is that true?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Steve wrote:
Perhaps we will see the new version sooner this year than last. My unreliable source tells me that beta testing is over now.

Is that true?
Well, don't forget that last year's release (AC13) was exceptionally late - compared to the previous versions since they switched to the yearly cycle - ostensibly due to the necessity of getting the shift over to 64-Bit OS correct (even if not complete on the Mac side).

So if it is released sooner this year, it might only mean that it's actually on time compared to last year. Which would probably putit at mid-to-late Summer.

In any event, I highly doubt you'll have any beta-testers confirming or denying anything for you at this point or in this setting.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently, I will update my Quadro drivers to the 197.59 release and read the Release Notes that Nvidia 197.59 Drivers is already entering into the ArchiCAD 14 Additional Profile for ACE Workstation Application List.
This is a new surprise and very exciting, because ArchiCAD Users do not need to do the settings manually because the Application Profile is available starting Quaro NVIDIA Drivers 197.59.
Does this apply to ArchiCAD 13 I was just going to install it.

This means that ArchiCAD 14 is going to be released because there has been cooperation with NVIDIA in the development of specialized Driver Profile.

Graphisoft Thanks, I have not enjoyed and run ArchiCAD 14 alone was able to guess that it features 3D display will be better, better and definitely much better.

This news is a surprise and a good sign.
Because I also have started dreaming immediately using ArchiCAD 14.
Sorry My English