Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to draw a wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, newish user of archicad, use mainly autocad..

anyhow, please could anyone tell me of how to draw a wall wich say starts at 1m high and then gradually inclines to 3m over the distance of say 6m?

i basicly want a wall that starts lower and inclines, have tried to find a way but i have a deadline coming up and so running out of time to find out for myself!!

please help!?
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you so much, that has been a lot of help 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just another question, is it possible to make a window tht is higher at one end than the other, (to create a window the same shape as the wall?)?
vistasp
Advisor
Have you tried the free form window in the depository?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Dwight
Newcomer
I've been busy getting some CES credits. But NOW, let's revisit.

Am i the only guy who has the wall stay trimmed to roof after the roof is deleted, or what?

It seems insane to use SEO to do this because of the extra steps.

Comments?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
even I think that trimmed roof is the easiest way
Dwight
Newcomer
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
REad about this...you will need it A LOT
And a heartfelt thanks to Eric Bobrow for this instruction:

yet again the best complex profile article, ever!
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
...my point was to introduce complex profiles to this user and with this method he can get what ever shape of wall he wants ... with roof method you are a little bit limited !

For me its easer to draw a fill shape in section and use it as cutter then to adjust roof slope and position of roof and use it as cutter. I hope that you understand !
When you get familiar with this method it is just a simple workflow. I finish these tasks in less then a minute. Anyway...all this is workaround..complex profile method and roof method.
GS team should make wall strechy in section and 3D like a slab ! Then this stuff would be finished on the fly !

the biggest defect of complex profile method and SEO is that archicad is not able to represent SEO in plan. /if they dont implement this in ac14 then i dont know what are they doing in their HQ/

question was : how to get specific shape of wall.
asnwer : you can do it with trim to roof and SEO with complex profiles
COMMENTS ???
Anonymous
Not applicable
Necko, I get it. And it was a nice tutorial too.
I was just kidding, because there is so many ways to do things in AC that
one just get the one he feels more comfortable with.
I am learning so much, just following the things in this forum, that I cannot believe that I did not see it before.
Thank you just for being here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have to thank you too Necko, it as really helpfull!

sorry i havent sooner, i have been very usy working, but now using your guide i am well on my way to having a finnished building design, i am just now playing arround ith the photo visual side of things!

thanks again, Joe