Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to avoid "screen tearing" in 3D window...?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that my machine has been spec'd up, and after acquiring a SpaceNavigator, I'm spending more time navigating around the 3D window.

Despite my turning on "Triple Buffering" & "Vertical Sync" in nVidia Control Panel, I'm still getting the disconcerting "screen tearing" when moving around.

Has anyone been able to eliminate this?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
peter_h wrote:
Well yet again, the latest NVidia drivers turn out to be just bollocks. After my 4th lockup today, I'm going back to the reliable 2007 versions.

Every 3 or 4 months or so, I get a burst of optimism and download and install the latest nVidia driver. Every time, I end up de-installing because of unreliability.

Of course, the screen-tearing remains unsolved.

My next card will be an ATI.
My experience has been the reverse and I have been sticking with NVidia lately. The problems don't seem to be vendor specific but are down to the individual cards and drivers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew: Do you get screen-tearing in the 3D window on your winXP system?
Anonymous
Not applicable
peter_h wrote:
Matthew: Do you get screen-tearing in the 3D window on your winXP system?
I only experienced it on my old MacBook Pro with ATI graphics. I don't recall if I got the screen tearing in Windows but I had serious display problems with NavisWorks 5.

I have had no problems with either my Mac Pro nor my new MacBook Pro, in either Mac or Windows. Both machines use NVidia cards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm curious where you are buying these at $50?? The lowest price I have been able to find is $90.

Thanks,
Foster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Foster: Assuming you're talking about the SpaceNavigator...

$63 from fxvideocards.com/3Dconnexion-SpaceNavigator-PE-USB-p-16140.html

$59 from www.directron.com/3dx700029.html
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Pete. I did check out your links, but both of them are listing the SpaceNavigator as "Out of Stock." Seems I may have missed this deal.

Cheers!
Foster