Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

White ceiling paint renders black

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see the attached images. Fairly self explanatory. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it's a silly oversight on my part, but I can't figure it out.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the unrendered view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What are the material's settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are setting up the materials with the internal engine settings (which is what AC uses for the OpenGL views) make sure to match the Lightworks material settings. There is a button for this in the Lightworks settings.

Be careful about reflectivity though. Even a modest amount of shininess in the internal engine settings can be translated into a "mirror" setting in Lightworks. I often have to reset this to "metal", "multilayer paint", etc to get the effect I want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what fixed it, but I started over, made sure I checked "match internal" properties, and then fiddled with reflection and so on until I got things straight. I also added a bump map and texture to get a bit more interest. Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would have been the "match internal" that did it. The colour (and maybe ambient / diffuse) settings obviously did not match. Now you just need to tweak the bumpiness. It currently looks like the horrible textured ceiling finish I have in my house - must get up there and scrape it off one day.
Dwight
Newcomer
I'm coming to Winnipeg May 7 and could hand deliver your copy of "LightWorks in Archicad" if you like.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
That would be great! How long are your arms though? I'm in Calgary now. Just wondering, why isn't your book on all the Chapters/Indigo shelves?
Dwight
Newcomer
LINZ wrote:
why isn't your book on all the Chapters/Indigo shelves?
Because I m a smart marketer, that is why. The sinkhole of publishing profits for small publishers is distribution and retailing - not collecting for 180 days, accepting returns - it is all kak.

And making a fancy cover to dazzle the rubes. AND making lots of stupid white space so the book looks bigger than it actually is. KAK! Send them all to green prison for decimating the forests with their wasteful white space!!!!!

Anyone who might buy this limited-interest professional reference book is known to me or an Archicad dealer or any of several places within the interweb. So they can order and have it right away.

We should need impulse purchasers? Book selling is going to be even more different, soon.

I picture a book shopper encountering my book on a shelf in Chapters:

"Hmm, "LightWorks in Archicad?" What the heck is Archicad?
Here's a book on Revit taking over the world. It looks like it might be of some use to me someday. And it has a pretty cover."

Mail to Calgary is pretty quick, altho my See-Your-Mammy-Discount ticket stops in Calgary on its way.
Dwight Atkinson

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!