Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

number of decimals differs in plan and layout etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi!
I switched to mac recently. Amazing experience... however!
setting dimension decimals to 2 (e.g. 2,33) works in plan
when going to layout, is stubborn and shows always 3 (e.g. 2,336).javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
what I do wrong?

Another issue is that cannot import an excel table ( which is very easy in win, mac imports the table in one column). The alternative of course to paste as picture, works but cannot link it to the excel file to update it etc.
Any tips?
Alex Lardis
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not fully automatic, but you can print to PDF and place that in the layout. It means you have to reprint from Excel to update (the replaced PDF will update automatically) but it gives a lot of layout control.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ale-la wrote:
setting dimension decimals to 2 (e.g. 2,33) works in plan when going to layout, is stubborn and shows always 3 (e.g. 2,336).javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
what I do wrong?
Alex:

Each View has a Dimensions setting which controls this (as well as other Dimension properties). Dimension Standards are set under Project Preferences, see the Help files.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
my configuration is an imac, intel, ac 13.
Some friend tipped me, that after making some change in view you must save the view. Then it looks correct in layout. Seems that in my new mac environment somehow forgot the basics I was used to do in win.
Alex. Lardis
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
It's not fully automatic, but you can print to PDF and place that in the layout. It means you have to reprint from Excel to update (the replaced PDF will update automatically) but it gives a lot of layout control.
Thanks!
It is a fine way to do it. Are you sure that can print ok? I made some *plt file to send to my printing service but when I checked it with "view companion", (a win program to preview *.plt files markup etc.) the *.pdf didn't show. If you came across this problem, please give me some tip.
Alex. Lardis