Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

have two angles with objective tool or roof?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I just wanted to know if there is anyway that I can angle the objective tool or the roof profile so that it inclines not only longitude but also has an angle latitude.. becuase as you can see with my images.. the pots gradually increase so i need a roof like material that can be at an angle sideways and frontal.

Thank you
13 REPLIES 13
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Jamie_K wrote:
would greatly appreciate how you did that.
OK - trying again. Referring to the attached image, I did the following:
  • 1. Draw a cross-section through the roof and create a new section profile object with OBJECTiVE > Component > New Profile;

2. Place an instance of the new object from the roof end to the centre;

3. Use OBJECTiVE > Tools > Bend to bend the profile to the curvature of the exterior walls

4. Elevate the end of the profile (either using the Y Offset in the object settings, or opening a side elevation and using OBJECTiVE > Tools > Offset to loft it;

5. Enter twisting angles in the objects settings to achieve the required roof pitch at the start and end of the roof;

6. A side elevation of the roof should look like this;

7. Use OBJECTiVE > Tools > Bend to curve the roof in elevation (as required);

8. Use OBJECTiVE > Tools > Split (in elevation) to cut the roof end to a vertical line;

9. Use OBJECTiVE > Tools > Split (in plan) to cut the roof to the ridge line;

10. Mirror a copy of the roof to the other side;

11. The finished result in 3D.
Hope this helps.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Dwight
Newcomer
OBJECTIVE is KING!
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, gotta agree. Objective does it again. It seems to be able to solve so many sticky problems in such a graceful way, how can it not be included by default with ArchiCAD?

Ralph: I suggest that you buy the sole rights to the ArchiCAD code and incorporate it natively into Objective.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much!

I'll be sure to do the steps you've provided, hopefully it all turns out as good as the images you've attached.

Jamie.