Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Door Panels

cremsberg
Participant
How do I insert a custom panel into a door? I believe I have correctly built an object for the custom door panel using slabs, and placed it in my loaded library, and re-loaded my libraries. Now, how do I make this new object selectable as a custom panel? I have tried this in Doors from both AC11 and AC12. Attached is a snapshot of my Door Selection Settings window. Note that the "Custom Panel Name" parameter has drop-down list with only a check mark. Should I expect to see my new panel library parts listed here?
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
You need to define the subtype correctly as a custom door panel. Then it will be available to select where you show in your screenshot.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
cremsberg
Participant
Erika - I was looking for an opportunity to "define the subtype", but I did not see it. Am I using the right command to create the panel library object? In AC12, I am using the "Libraries and Objects / Save Selection As" command. I am using an AC11 door. Thanks.
Claire Remsberg

cremsberg
Participant
So, is the command I need "Save Custom Component" and then select "Custom Door Panel" from Component Types options? After re-loading the library, it was still not available in my Door Settings parameters. Oddly, the Component Types list had two apparently identical options for "Custom Door Panel" and I've tried them both.
Claire Remsberg

Erika Epstein
Booster
Claire,
I saved the parts as an OBJECT and then changed the subtype per the attached
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
and then the door panel was available.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

rgarand
Booster
I am reviving this post. We are getting the exact "checkmark" when we make a custom door panel and then go to look for it in the custom door panel list. We see the gsm file within the embedded library.

The original file was teamworked and we saved it to a pln, the same thing happens.

If we open a new template and create a custom door panel everything works fine.

I tried your process Erika and this did NOT work. We created a custom door panel...saved as an object and then redefined the subtype with no luck. We still ONLY see the "checkmark" in the custom door panel list.

Any other thoughts?
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000