BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Merging Multi mod V12 to a single TW2 V13

Anonymous
Not applicable
"One file to rule them all!"

I've got a large multi module project in V12 with many fancy steps to avoid using TW1. Now I want to make it into a single V13 TW2 file (because we love V13 and TW2!).

Importing layouts is straight forward as is merging model data but I have not found a way yet to import the views from the multiple files. I accept that I will need to re-link all the drawings to their corresponding views (and that will on its own possibly take forever).

1) is there a way of importing views from one file to another?

2) is there a smarter way of doing this?

all comments welcome.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The views are likely to be a pain. Sections, elevations and details with source markers placed in plan view should merge with all settings intact but without any 2D content placed in the views themselves. Independent worksheets and details will have to be recreated from scratch (AFAIK) and their content imported one by one.

You may be able to speed things up a little by publishing modules of all the 2D content and then merging them into the newly created views. The other approach is copy/paste. The publishing bit just allows you to kind of batch process all the copies which saves about half the navigation and nearly all the back and forth.

This will all be a lot easier if your layers allow you to isolate the 2D content.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Matthew,

If you're right it's really almost not worth the effort.
RE-linking views is one thing but copying and pasting all 2d work from els/sects or saving them all out as modules... and then re-creating worksheets and details ...owch!
Looks like there is going to be no nice TW2 on this job unless someone has a spare week or two of time ...even then I could not justify the action as cost-effective.

Oh poo.

There must be another way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be tedious and repetitive but it's hard to imagine it taking more than a day or so to do. For one you would merge everything into the file with the most views so these would all remain intact. I've done some major file reorganizations and don't recall any taking more than about a day.

But...

This assumes you know just how you want to organize the combined file. This strikes me as the larger issue. It may be that your present organization would map well to a single file, but I can imagine all sorts of reasons that it may not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm vacillating now...

Here's an idea of the scope:

170 A1 drawings
28 pln files 25 of which end up hotlinked into one file.
Views are generated in 7 of these files and are linked into a master layouts file.

there is one file that holds the majority of the interior elevations but...
Would you still say a day or so?
Learn and get certified!