Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do I get my normal cursor back? "Region Not Found" error

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been dealing with this issue for awhile and can't find anything about it.

Sometimes when I'm trying to edit a wall or slab, the normal cursor disappears. In it's place, I get something that looks like a magic want. When I try to click on an existing structure to modifiy ro attempt to create a new structure, I am not allowed. Instead, I only get an 'Region Not Found' error message.

It DOES seem to work as some sort of auto-fill selector (much like photoshop). But that's worthless to me. I am not aware of hitting any keys and cannot find anyway to turn off this weird cursor. Most of the time, I just have to reboot my computer. And that doesn't always work.

Does anyone know WHAT my AC13 is doing and how to get it to stop? I am loosing a lot of time to this.

THANK you.
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Are you holding the shift key down which activates the magic wand?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Are you holding the spacebar down which activates the magic wand?
Fixed.
Erika Epstein
Booster
s2art wrote:
Erika wrote:
Are you holding the spacebar down which activates the magic wand?
Fixed.
STuart, thanks, that is what I meant.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
vistasp
Advisor
Sometimes the space bar (or any other key for that matter) could get stuck which leads to erratic behaviour. If that is happening to you and it can't be fixed, maybe it's time for a new keyboard.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow. Hmm... I'm actually working on a brand new computer. But if that's what actuates it, it's probably what's wrong. I assumed it was some sort of setting.

Thank you. I'll send the keyboard in for replacement. I feel stupid asking such a simple question after two years with the program. But I guess this is what happens when you teach yourself the program and work alone.