Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows and Story Views

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,
I'm having difficulty controlling the display of windows in my model.
I have a bottom story with windows, a short mid story of wall, and an upper story of windows.
When I choose the mid story view it displays both the windows overlain. I want to separate the windows to show on only the lower and upper stories. I've fiddled with floor plan view settings (why isn't there a checkbox for this kind of thing?!) and can't seem to get it working without making the fill of my walls go awry.
I've attached a .zip of screen shots.

Much thanks in advance.
Dan
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
It would be helpful if you showed us what you were trying to achieve and/or a 3D view noted with what is right and wrong.

Try using the 3D document to capture the 3D view . This is easy to annotate and then you can SAVE AS this window as an image such as jpg format for easy attachment here.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erika,
it's not a 3d problem I'm having. it's the 2d floor plans i want to be clear. each story view showing the windows i want it to, it seems automatic and mostly uncontrollable.

I think I'm just going to delete, export view, undo delte and so on until i get the views I want.

sorry for any confusion

Dan
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Dan,
I understand the problem you are encountering. I am trying to approach it by stepping back and addressing why you have these 3 bands of stacked walls; perhaps there is another way to do the basic modeling that will circumvent the window display limitations.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe the walls below/above are showing on the current plan because they are not set to display on "home story only?"