Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

basic plan/landscaping problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,
I'm still an archi student so please forgive me if this is very basic-
Trying to show my landscaping materials and potentially colours in plan and not sure how. For example, if i have large stone pavers, how do I show these in plan? How do I communicate that something is grass in plan etc etc?
I have allocated each fabric to their designated area, but the actual texture only appears in renders, and im after a more 2D plan representation.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Render a plan [top] view.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
No thats not what im after- I dont want it rendered in 3D, I want it published as usual, but with a 2D representation of the textures showing. Thanks anyway though!
vistasp
Advisor
As Dwight said.

Top view in parallel projection = 2D rendered.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
MaddyMc:

I think Image Fills will do what you want, and they can be assigned to Meshes, Slabs and Roofs. For more information with images, go to Help > ArchiCAD Help, when your browser opens click on the "Search" tab, and input "Image Fill" in the search box, in the results list the top links will lead to detailed information about creating and assigning the Image Fills.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just beware that image fills can increase file size and slow down performance.

What you may consider doing is exporting your plans as they are in a raster format like jpg, pdf and then present them in another software like Photoshop.

As Dwight said though, you can resolve this by rendering in ArchiCAD.