BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grades and Levels

Llian
Advocate
I've drawn the basement at sea level because it seems alot easier to place the elements [ftgs, wall projections] calculated at 0.00' level. But I think there is a way to work around that if the elements at the storey level, that is above sea level and still can work the projection at 0.00' level.

Do I window select all the elements in section view and move them up to the basement level to 124.53' ? I think there is way to work with the project level instead of copy and move the elements at section view ???

I will have to add the crawlspace north of basment with difference 4' in level.

I was playing with the levels before I started with the elements but it changes my grade elevations [survey values].

Picture 9.png
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Project zero elevation is typically at top of floor/slab of the ground floor. Basements and parking levels are at negative elevations to this and stories above positive. For sea level elevations set the sea level reference to the negative of the project zero above sea level. To set the reference level elevations go to: Options > Project Preferences > Levels & Project North
Llian
Advocate
thanks and yes, what you said is done without problem by 2d program but in this 3d instance, if i set the ground level at 0.00 , my site plan elevations don't match with my surveyor's values. That's my problem!
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's why you set the sea level reference elevation. This does work. Take the time and figure it out. It will save you lots of headaches.

BTW: What I am describing is not even possible in a 2D program since there is no Z axis and no way to have relative elevations between elements and levels.
Learn and get certified!