Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AutoCad , Back to MAC (beta screenshots) !

TMA_80
Enthusiast
it's almost here:

http://www.macstories.net/news/first-screenshots-of-autocad-for-mac/

I can assume we should hear the same thing for Revit ...GS be careful ! .
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
54 REPLIES 54
Brett Brown
Advocate
Your program never STOPS Lec, like any software, budgeting, here's there policy.

"Autodesk Simplified Pricing Plan and Subscription"

Autodesk gives subscription holders, who have passed the 30 day grace period for payment and ordering, 364 days to renew their subscription from the due date, with the addition of a late fee.

If you choose to renew your subscription on the 365th day or later, then the cost will be 50% of the new price of the software plus subscription (optional) plus gst.

It can be a very costly exercise to let your subscription lapse and then try to get it up to date over a year later. We recommend keeping on subscription and always being up to date.

I'm doing a better marketing job of Revit than GS is doing with AC
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett wrote:
I'm doing a better marketing job of Revit than GS is doing with AC
You are doing well Brett . As Brett said your Autodesk program does not fail to function if you don't pay your subscription. It will still work, although i'm unsure if you are legally allowed to keep using it??? I will have to check up. BTW I just renewed my subscription yesterday to Revit Arch Suite
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
If they do this I think it will almost unequivocally spell the end for ArchiCAD. I know it will for me personally. This is thrilling news.
Yes i'd say AC should be very worried (or even better fight back!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Bret
"Your program never STOPS Lec, like any software, budgeting, here's there policy."
Guess I had that wrong.

Just curious at the moment.
To switch would be long hard painful thought out process.

3more questions if you happen to know: 1.What is the renewal fee at this point in time for Revit Arch?
2. The late fee say at 60days?
The cost to for say Revit 2011 since I have AC14 on the way?
Trying to see the bigger picture.
lec
You can PM me if you would prefer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sdb wrote:
" (or even better fight back!)"
That would be refreshing.
But lets give the new underdog a chance to fight back.
15, you gotttta kick asss.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys!

The autocad aka auto"bad" be the same regardless of operating system. What matters is not the operating system that works auto"bad" but the concept it uses.
It is a CAD tool to draw lines, arcs and points.
It's an electronic drawing board and will always be used as such.
It will never be a solution as Archicad BIM.
What is at stake now is not the tool much less the mark of the software, but the CAD concept and design process.
It is necessary to move from concept to CAD and BIM sure this will not be using the tool autocad.
In conclusion, autocad will always be auto"bad" on windows, mac osx, linux, unix or msdos or something else.
It will always be used as an electronic drawing board and nothing else.
The CAD died at 25 years!
This is a reality!
Face it!

BTW: How many Boeing airplanes are designed in autocad today?!
vsilva wrote:

BTW: How many Boeing airplanes are designed in autocad today?!

That's a ludicrous analogy.

Firstly, because Airplanes have never been designed in AutoCAD; there's an entirely different design philosophy and approach when it comes to modern Airplane design - which for the last 30 years (longer than AutoCAD has existed) has been a completely unitized digitized and integrated design-fabrication process. That's not how building design and construction works, hence the reason AutoCAD is well suited to the construction industry. It's obviously more complicated than than that.

Secondly, because you risk drawing a considerably unfavorable comparison between ArchiCAD and by extension architectural BIM software, to software like CATIA that is used to design Airplanes. They're not even in the same league when it comes to how advanced one is over the other.

Suffice it to say, someone can just as easily ask you "How many Boeing airplanes are designed in ArchiCAD today?"
Anonymous
Not applicable
To put your minds at ease, here are official answers to all of your post questions. I hope this makes you feel better, but I doubt it. Revit subscription ends up costing 35 cents/hour. The benefits of BIM outweigh the feeling that it's an expense and many see it as an investment. After all, Autodesk spends over $500 million/year on software development. That's the luxury that 9 million customers give them. Ask Graphisoft, how much money they're investing in the software. Perhaps that explains the delays between releases.

So, here are your answers:

Apparently, Autodesk is working on a Mac version. It's been noted in other posts but not directly from Autodesk.

All Autodesk products can work on a Mac, but through Bootcamp or
Parallels which Autodesk now supports.

Any AutoCAD user can crossgrade to Revit for less than the price of upgrading an older version of AutoCAD.

Autodesk has changed their pricing structure, but in the end, it is about the same as it used to be for those who upgrade every 3 years.

Autodesk products don't stop if you don't pay subscription. You can use the software forever, you just don't get upgrades.

You can legally use the software as you paid for the license to use their technology.

The renewal fee is $725/year.

The late fee is after 30 days and it's $100.

You can ask Autodesk for a special price if you're converting from ArchiCAD.

Any other questions? Hope that helped.
Sorry for continuing the offtopic but I simply had to after the previous post.
Autodesk products[...]

Is it possible to sell spare used Autodesk products licenses? (AFAIK - no or via selling company that licenses the product - and that is the most pi***off in their policy and IMHO is completly unfair to users)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
Sorry for continuing the offtopic but I simply had to after the previous post.
Autodesk products[...]

Is it possible to sell spare used Autodesk products licenses? (AFAIK - no or via selling company that licenses the product - and that is the most pi***off in their policy and IMHO is completly unfair to users)

Best Regards,
Piotr
It is no longer possible to resell spare archicad licences - at least in the UK, this changed a year or so ago - much to my disappointment