BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone heard something about Archicad 14?

what new or improved features or release date or something?

Thanks
107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous
Not applicable
its time to migrate..................................later graphisoft until further notice................................well may be archicad 15....................
not impressed at all.................
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's here and... it sucks.

ArchiCAD 14 has the same list of "new" features as v.13 and v.12...

What about 3D polyline, complex surfaces, custom UCS, GSM editor, etc. ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does ArchiCAD 14 have a plugin or similar for Vray ? I've not read too much into AR 14 or Vray but I recall there being no support.

What is the most common way for taking ArchiCAD to Vray?
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi Nstocks!

you may find an answer here

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29156&start=70

But , what i can tell you the for the moment is that there is no vray plugin for ArchiCAD ( at least not yet )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi Nstocks!

But , what i can tell you the for the moment is that there is no vray plugin for ArchiCAD ( at least not yet )
Hi,

Yeah, I've recently being looking there !

Excuse my ignorance in the matter, but does Vray work in 3D ? I'm not sure how a sketchup model work in Vray, as posted on the link above.

Also, I'm confused about Cinema 4D, does this work like Vray ?

I'm still researching this stuff ! Does AR13/14 export to Sketchup? I recall the plug in stopping at AR12 ?

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
NStocks wrote:
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi Nstocks!

Hi,

Excuse my ignorance in the matter, but does Vray work in 3D ? I'm not sure how a sketchup model work in Vray, as posted on the link above.

I'm still researching this stuff ! Does AR13/14 export to Sketchup? I recall the plug in stopping at AR12 ?

Thank You
Cinema 4D is its own product - a core modeling/animation/rendering package with various modules that add functionality. They sell suites of modules as "Architecture Edition", "Engineering Edition" etc. More info here.
To get from ArchiCAD to C4D I believe you can just do 'save as' Cinema 4D straight from the ArchiCAD 3D window. In any event there is a Cinema 4D add-on for ArchiCAd and a separate ArchiCAD plugin for Cinema 4D available here. Instead of just 'saving as' this allows direct communication and updating of a model simultaneously in AC and C4D. A little movie on how it works here

The architecture edition contains the Advanced Render module along with others like sketch.
If you want Vray you have to purchase a separate product called VRAYforC4D which integrates seamlessly within Cinema 4D as an alternative render engine - ie. model and then choose advanced render or vray etc.

The VRAYforC4D guys have by all accounts done a great job. As I'm sure you know vray is an awesome product anyway.
Annoyingly however the demo version is not compatible with the latest version of Cinema 4D (11.5) - but works fine with 11.0x. I don't know why because the full purchase product is up to date with Cinema.

This may seem a little complicated but once it is all set up it works well.

As for the sketchup issues there are many threads that already deal with it - search and ye shall find!

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We haven't explore and use all of the features of Archicad 13, and here comes Archicad 14...
Anonymous
Not applicable
amonle wrote:
NStocks wrote:
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi Nstocks!

Hi,

Thank You
Cinema 4D is its own product - a core modeling/animation/rendering package with various modules that add functionality. They sell suites of modules as "Architecture Edition", "Engineering Edition" etc. More info here.
To get from ArchiCAD to C4D I believe you can just do 'save as' Cinema 4D straight from the ArchiCAD 3D window. In any event there is a Cinema 4D add-on for ArchiCAd and a separate ArchiCAD plugin for Cinema 4D available here. Instead of just 'saving as' this allows direct communication and updating of a model simultaneously in AC and C4D. A little movie on how it works here

The architecture edition contains the Advanced Render module along with others like sketch.
If you want Vray you have to purchase a separate product called VRAYforC4D which integrates seamlessly within Cinema 4D as an alternative render engine - ie. model and then choose advanced render or vray etc.

The VRAYforC4D guys have by all accounts done a great job. As I'm sure you know vray is an awesome product anyway.
Annoyingly however the demo version is not compatible with the latest version of Cinema 4D (11.5) - but works fine with 11.0x. I don't know why because the full purchase product is up to date with Cinema.

This may seem a little complicated but once it is all set up it works well.

As for the sketchup issues there are many threads that already deal with it - search and ye shall find!

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that has cleared up a lot of things I was concerned about. I thought that if you use C4D, you need to re-draw the 3D model, however this not the case thankfully.

It seems like C4D is the way to go, along with Vray plug in? Is C4D 'professional' enough? I've seen some 2nd and 3rd year students who are using AutoDESK products and are getting very good results, with the benefit of AutoDESK being the more industry used standard. I haven’t used AutoDesk products much, only Ecotect and AutoCAD

I’m not underestimating the capability of non-autodesk product but when I come to 3rd year and need to undertake a work placement, I don’t want to get stuck with a company that ONLY use Autodesk and not knowing what to do.

I want to be prepared for placement and the Architecture industry which is why I’m looking at a few options. I use ArchiCAD and that’s it but we were told at the beginning of 1st year not to use ArchiCAD as we don’t draw everything ourselves. Most students (90%) have followed this guideline and have now needed to draw their model in sketchup (which I can/have already done), but sketchup (in my opinion) is not advanced enough for Architecture. So these students are going to need to learn a 3D modelling program such as Vray/ C4D rhino etc.

I’m going to look at the presentation and rendering thread on this forum to see what other people have achieved with ArchiCAD and C4D with a plug in so this should also help me...

I’ve watched the video you posted above showing the AR export to C4D and it looks relatively easy, and the materials are really what I was looking for to make my building more realistic (I’m slightly confused with AR materials and they don’t seem up to much)

Thank You very, very much for your help. I’ve got 3 months until I start Uni again and I want to be achieving A/A* like I achieved in 1st year ! (and I’ve seen the competition and what is expected in 2nd year)
Learn and get certified!