BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

External drawing blocking my title block

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all, yes i am new to this forum and ArchiCad. I have placed an external drawing from a pdf onto a layout. If I resize the drawing it block out my title black when I print to a PDF. however if i just leave the drawing as is (no resize) it works. Basically what i am trying to do is take the title 24 info sheet 24X36 and place it onto a layout of 18X24. I have been able to place other drawings of smaller size on a layout as long as I do not resize. I am sure it is simple but I am confused.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mike,

Try selecting the drawing and then right click and choose ' drawing selection settings' . From there under properties you can change the magnification to less than 100% by entering manually. Refer to the screenshot below for a better idea.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
M wrote:
Basically what i am trying to do is take the title 24 info sheet 24X36 and place it onto a layout of 18X24. I have been able to place other drawings of smaller size on a layout as long as I do not resize. I am sure it is simple but I am confused.
Mike,

IMHO it's bad practice to use drawings for titleblock info. Sure it means that you only have one place to update your titleblock info, but how often does that happen really? And then you need to maintain those drawings across all projects. This would be even worse with a PDF as it would increase the file size unneccessarily.

I would recommend simply copying and pasting the 2D info and resizing it to fit. Quick, simple, small and no linking required.

Cheers,
Link.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Link wrote:
I would recommend simply copying and pasting the 2D info and resizing it to fit. Quick, simple, small and no linking required.

Cheers,
Link.
Copy the master; drag and hold the cmd/ctlr key so you see the little + sign by the cursor. Then re-size the master. Both get you to the same place.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!