BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Untypical Interactive Schedule?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on residential building and I want to create a zone schedule containing a list of all apartments (and rooms which they include) with thier usable floor area, and at the same time - balconies would be assigned to proper apartment but their areas not added up to usable floor area of particular apartment.

Is it possible to do that in AC13?
Any ideas?

Regards,
Bartek Pawlowski
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can subtract 100% of the Zone's area in the Zone Settings Dialog.
This way the calculated area of the Zone will be zero.
But even in this case the Balcony will be listed, only it will be listed with zero area.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for quick reply Laszlo!

^^but is it possible to have balconies listed with their real, mesured by zone area, but not added up to usable floor of the appartment?

For example:

Appartment 099
Room 1 - 10 sqm
Room 2 - 10 sqm
Kitchen - 10 sqm
Corridor - 10 sqm
Bathroom - 10 sqm
Balcony 1 - 5 sqm
Balcony 2 - 10sqm
TOTAL - 50 sqm

As you know, developers often want to know at the early stage of design, exactly how many square meters of apartments they can sold, how big are the balconies, what are the proportions of big / medium sized to small apartments etc..
With the balconies I have the same problem every residential project I do.
Specially now when I have more than 250 appartments with 1-3 balconies each.. its a really annoying and time-consuming to make all updates manually ;/

I know that having some items listed in a schedule but not having them added up in total sum is maybe a little bit opposite to general idea of having a schedule;)
but it seems for me to be so obvious having ability to "froze" addition of particular items to total sum, isn't it? 😉
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Bartek,
Yes, I think the case here is that it is not possible not to include them in the total if they are listed.
What I can think of is this:
There is something called Measured Area and another thing called Calculated Area, among the listable parameters.
Maybe you should do the subtracting I told you about for the balconies and list both. The measured area will list the full area the calculated area should list zero m2. Then you will have the data you need in one of the columns.
Zones.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is the Area setting for the Balcony Zones.
ZoneSettings.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo!
Thank you again for fast reaction:)

@Mesured and Calculated areas of Zones
- yes, I considered solving this issue that way before, but I was looking rather for some kind of trick or something that would meet all my requirements 😜

Maybe the way that would automate the process of updating in the way I wish it to look like is some kind of merging (on layout) two schedules:
- first with mesured area - taking all cells
- second with calculated area - maybe croping only balconies areas and putting them on top of first [thinking aloud..😉] ..but changing number of balconies would crash all idea;/ LOL

I'll think of the solution for this in the future and post it here if I'll hit on an idea.
I had deadline today so I spended 4 hrs updating it manually, hoping not do it again 😉

Thank you for your time.
Regards,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The solution you outlined can work.

To tell you the truth, I have done such a thing before, but with the old listing feature. I programmed the Zone Stamp GDL to calculate an output values into files then to read them from those files.
Then I assigned these values to Descriptors (converted the numbers to strings) and wrote a Custom Listing Template to give the exact format I wanted.
But that was a long time ago and it required a lot of GDL programming.
Anonymous
Not applicable
^^This doesn't sound complicated (till the part with Descriptors;)), but I would rather avoid messing up with in/out's to external files.
Hopefully AC14 will bring some half-solution for this schedule issue.

And yeah, GDL scripting.. something I would really like to now, but have so little time to learn it..;(
It could be painful and long study for me, specially when I have no experience with any other programming languages at all.
"bartpaw" wrote:
I'm working on residential building and I want to create a zone schedule containing a list of all apartments (and rooms which they include) with thier usable floor area, and at the same time - balconies would be assigned to proper apartment but their areas not added up to usable floor area of particular apartment.

Is it possible to do that in AC13?
Any ideas?

Regards,
Bartek Pawlowski

Does it have to be a zone schedule? I think you could do this using fills if you find it too much bother to configure a zone for this.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!