BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
A quick one done with some post-processing to convey a mood of a dark gloomy Monday morning after a weekend of very heavy partying.

The usual suspects - ArchiCAD, Vray, After Effects. Photoshop, Digital Film Tools, Motiva RealCamera, and of course, MS Paint.
Wonderful as always

Just a basic question, though I know it's not at all related to this thread... What/where did you find to create the stairs and the rails in this image please ?
NStocks wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
A quick one done with some post-processing to convey a mood of a dark gloomy Monday morning after a weekend of very heavy partying.

The usual suspects - ArchiCAD, Vray, After Effects. Photoshop, Digital Film Tools, Motiva RealCamera, and of course, MS Paint.
Wonderful as always

Just a basic question, though I know it's not at all related to this thread... What/where did you find to create the stairs and the rails in this image please ?

Yeah, stairs are not always a happy topic on these here talking boards, thanks in part to the glaring deficiencies of ArchiCAD's built in Stair tool as you may have noticed from the ArchiCAD 14 threads.

Naturally you can't create railings that look like that with AC's Stair tool, and as such I built the whole stair the old fashioned way using slabs, walls, roofs and good ol' SEO Booleans.
It's not parametric or smart, but it does the job for what's necessary. Even though it's kind of sad that you have to resort to very rudimentary methods to create what is essentially a very modern stair even in the latest version of ArchiCAD.
Dwight
Newcomer
I've had good results for glass panel stair guards using the Complex Profile as a wall. AND you can also use the same approach for treads.....

Once the actual stair treads are modelled, view a stair section.
Draw the glass panels as fills in the section.
Copy the fills into the Complex profile window.
Create the Profile. Draw the wall to the glass thickness.

Use the top of the glass profile as a guide for another complex profile making a rectangular handrail.
Dwight Atkinson
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Dwight wrote:
I've had good results for glass panel stair guards using the Complex Profile as a wall. AND you can also use the same approach for treads.....
<snip>
Use the top of the glass profile as a guide for another complex profile making a rectangular handrail.
Wot he said.....

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Dwight
Newcomer
Do you consider this a good outcome?
What would you improve next time?
Dwight Atkinson
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Dwight wrote:
Do you consider this a good outcome?
Yes, it gave the Client a good idea of how it would appear (except for the Landing edge where the materials are wrong they should be the same as the edge to the right.
Dwight wrote:
What would you improve next time?
Can't say there was anything that could be improved. They showed up fine in our construction drawings in Plan and Section and in 3d it did the job.

When I posted the screenshot I hadn't realised I had used a a previous design so the finished stair doesn't quite match up with the screenshot.

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi !
May i ask what is this element used for ?
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
New codes here in Calif (based on the International code, by the ICC), require to have 6" or less opening between treads, so that's the new
architectural style coming in if your not going to have risers.
I think lots of variations of this look will be showing
up soon.
Anyway, that's my guess.

lec
Dwight
Newcomer
In Scotland it is so the entire family can do chin-ups.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
...or hang laundry to dry...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!