BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker Layout Names

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found a handy work-around for getting multiple lines of text into a PM layout name, but the name field seems to be limited to 32 characters. There's a glitch tho: PM lets you enter more than 32 char, then after closing the layout book & re-opening, it truncates the name...Bummer.

Anyway, the trick - for those not already 'in the know' (i subscribe to the '100th monkey' phenomenon!) is this:

1. Type the name you'd like for the layout, using the text tool anywhere that you would normally add text on a layout sheet.

2. Select the text and COPY

3. Paste the text into the 'Name' field of the PM Navigator (in the Properties fold-down)

notice a couple of special characters (usually squares)?
voi-la! that's the line break!

PS:
"Dear GraphiSoft, please make a longer Layout Name field possible (64 characters would be enough I think"
1 REPLY 1
Djordje
Ace
gerald wrote:
I've found a handy work-around for getting multiple lines of text into a PM layout name,
I suppose you need this lenght for the titleblock?

You can use the subset name as a part of the sheet title. If you have a big project divided into portions, let's say block A, block B, block C, your Subsets can be called Block A, B, C, and the layouts in them Ground floor plan, First floor plan etc. Then in the Master, put the <SUBSETNAME> above the <LAYOUTNAME> in the title block. It will read Block A Ground floor plan - 32+32 ...

😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!