BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Table of Contents in Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone please describe to me how to automatically place the layout names on a single (i.e. cover sheet) so as to be able to automatically generate a table of contents or sheet index.

Thanks for the assistance.

David
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not believe this is possible, but one would think the technology should be in place. Perhaps others have found a creative means to do this.
Djordje
Ace
Mike wrote:
I do not believe this is possible, but one would think the technology should be in place. Perhaps others have found a creative means to do this.
Very creative and automated.

As I have to publish a full DWG set anyway, I go to that folder, remember pre-Windows days, open the command line, type DIR>SheetList.txt and get the list of all the layouts. Manually edit out the extra info, OLE it in.

Sorry, don't know how to this on a Mac

I am a very automated person ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies, although I do remember the pre-Windows days (barely), I have forgotten how to open the command line. A bit of help (realize that is out of the normal scope of help this bb provides) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David
Djordje
Ace
David wrote:
Apologies, although I do remember the pre-Windows days (barely),
Sonny, you don't know how it felt to run AutoCAD 2.62 on a 4.77 MHz XT!
Math coprocessor! WOOOOW! 640K of memory! EGA graphics, 16 colors! Black and yellow monitor! 14"!!! Floppies you can eat cakes off!

Back to the topic - just go to Start/All Program/Accessories/Command prompt. XP, that is.
Djordje

HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
I like the DIR trick, but wouldn't that require Archicad 9 line-wrapping text in order to get full sheet names?

I doubt many people converting from 8.1 are going to re-name all their layouts in Plotmaker.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
I like the DIR trick, but wouldn't that require Archicad 9 line-wrapping text in order to get full sheet names? I doubt many people converting from 8.1 are going to re-name all their layouts in Plotmaker.
Depends on the names ... Just finished one monster job today, 15000 sqm of logistics with a two storey office building, phew, what a pile of paper! Worked great.

Still ... would LOVE to have the function!

But then ... only architectural part came from PlotMaker. The rest were DWGs from consultants and other departments. So OLE works perfectly.
Djordje

HP Omen
KeesW
Advocate
I don't know if it still works with Archicad 9.0. However, Theometric used to have an automatic sheet number and content scheduler that could be pasted onto a drawing. It was part of the complete Custom Library suite that I bought when I first got Archicad. I can still find it - perhaps the new owners will allow me to forward it to Haneef Tayob.

Kees
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Learn and get certified!