Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SELECTION

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be possible to give us a 'deselect' option? (ctrl-click). All to often when I'm trying to select a group of elements, and select something I don't want, a second click only gives me yet another item I didn't want! Selection would be so much faster if 'select' and 'deselect' were discrete activities.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Keith wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible to give us a 'deselect' option? (ctrl-click). All to often when I'm trying to select a group of elements, and select something I don't want, a second click only gives me yet another item I didn't want! Selection would be so much faster if 'select' and 'deselect' were discrete activities.
Unless I'm missing something that you are asking for, if you Shift+click on a selected item it will be deselected.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, Woody, you're missing my point.

If you want to select a number of items close together, you shift-click on each one. Each shift-click will either add something to the set or remove something from the set, depending on the accuracy of your aim.

I would like the security of knowing that my shift-click is going to remove an unwanted element - not add yet another one. (Or vice versa!)
TomWaltz
Participant
You can also "Command-Shift" click (or Control-Click, for windows) on objects to toggle between multiple overlapping objects.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you indeed did have a deselect command, it would not help your problem because you would not know what you are deselecting. Same problem you are having only in reverse.
Anonymous
Not applicable
But at least it would deselect something! instead of just adding to the things you don't want!

Try it in Autocad - selection is much, much, much faster.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried it - a really useful and fast option!

I haven't used it in Autocad before but will from now on! Thanks for the nice Autocad tip, Keith!