BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Exterior Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
i would like to show the vinyl siding or brick veneer on the front of a house when i do a 2-d elevation of it. is there any way to do this?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Assign a Vectoral Hatch to the material you have assigned to the exterior wall
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is bad but i don't know how to do that. can you help me?
Anonymous
Not applicable
got it! never mind!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The material you assigned to the exterior face of your elevation needs a vectoral hatch.. the little icon indicated which materials have been assigned hatches:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great!
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I've had a problem with this . My 3-d models show the exterior material but the 2-d elevations don't.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
__archiben
Booster
Bob wrote:
I've had a problem with this . My 3-d models show the exterior material but the 2-d elevations don't.
make sure that you've got 'Vectorial 3D Hatching' turned on in the 'Model Effects' tab of the section/elevation settings . . :

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I found this topic on my search after a new user at work put me on the spot. In S/E uncut objects, say the exterior wall of a house in elevation, have no background fill, even with vectoral hatching enabled. While they obscure any model elements beyond, you can see any drafted elements right through them.

Is there no way to assign a background pen to the vectoral hatch in S/E?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
I found this topic on my search after a new user at work put me on the spot. In S/E uncut objects, say the exterior wall of a house in elevation, have no background fill, even with vectoral hatching enabled. While they obscure any model elements beyond, you can see any drafted elements right through them.

Is there no way to assign a background pen to the vectoral hatch in S/E?
Why do you want drafted elements to be hidden? I always overlay the drawing with notes, etc. I can't imagine why I would want any drafted stuff to be obscurred.
Learn and get certified!