Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cover in the bathroom

Anonymous
Not applicable
i got a toilet and vanity and bath in one room, how do i put the tile (fill) in it without XXXXXover bath and toilet.

onho
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Set fill background pen to white (91?) and make sure Fill Background Colour is By Element Settings in display options.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My background is black.

Onho
Anonymous
Not applicable
You mean a black background on your screen?
I'm not sure if a black background has any difference, but a white pen should still print white should it not? Unless you have a white cartridge in your printer (and are printing on black paper). I think I may have put you crook anyway. Tried it here with a solid fill, colour white, background still white to make sure. Works for me. See image below. I have my background set an off white colour so you can see white fills.
Anonymous
Not applicable
use fill type "-1" called screen background - it will use whatever color you use for your screen background, and it prints as paper, I believe - been a while since i used anything other than white. the icon looks like a little monitor at the bottom right corner of the dialog, next to the transparent fill setting

hth
wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wes

Just tried that and got this message....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Onho wrote:
i got a toilet and vanity and bath in one room, how do i put the tile (fill) in it without XXXXXover bath and toilet.

onho
I am assuming that you are seeing the fill pattern through the fixtures. If the fixtures are completely obscured then it is a display order problem (Tools menu).

The plumbing fixtures will be on top of the fill by default, but if they do not include a fill, or their fill is "Empty Fill" (or sim.) with no background pen, then the fill pattern will show through the fixtures.

It is also possible that your "Fill Background Color" is set to "Transparent" in the display options.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Wes

Pens 0 and -1 are special pens which can only be used for backgrounds. If you set them as the fill pen (i.e. to draw lines, or solid cover) then you will get this error.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
s2art wrote:
Wes

Pens 0 and -1 are special pens which can only be used for backgrounds. If you set them as the fill pen (i.e. to draw lines, or solid cover) then you will get this error.
So use it for the fill background pen, not the fill pen itself. Got it, thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
in my library, the toilet parameter- 2D Representation- has no "Fill type"?
Where do you get those toilets in your library?

Onho