BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since we upgraded to V8 we ocasionaly sometimes very frequently get a message 'Cannot save Plan file!'
when we save normally , or even just after saving without having made any changes at all. Than saving again and it works. Sometimes it takes two or three attempts.
When this happens and one looks at the file directory the actual PLN file is missing completely only the BPN remains.
This is extremely dangerous of course. So far we have not lost big amounts of work.

We are running windows 2000 workstations networked on a Linux server now with a gigabyte hub.
Originally we thought it was the hardware causing it..we had technicians look at it closely however this problem does not occur from any other alplication.

Has any one experienced the same problem.
]Can any one offer suggestions? help please.
2 REPLIES 2
Miquel Garcia
Participant
I have the same problem on a Macintosh running AC8v3. I don't know why. I hope that AC 8.1 solves the problem (in Spain is not available yet)
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
__archiben
Booster
Miquel wrote:
I have the same problem on a Macintosh running AC8v3. I don't know why. I hope that AC 8.1 solves the problem (in Spain is not available yet)
on the mac, i put it down to permissions problems. it usually occurs to a user who is not signed in with 'admin' privilleges, or when permissions of the folder that it's being saved into have been screwed up.

usually, creating a new folder/directory and saving into that clears up the problem.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!