BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Reverse light

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi mates,
I was searching the documenation and also this awesome board but couldn't find a solution for this:

I want to design shining floor in a bathroom.
I need a reverse light tool but can't find any - nor any kind of parameter.
I mean I need a light that will shine from down - up, from floor to ceiling

There is a lightning PANEL but only with traditional light.
Please help me,
regards
Mar
30 REPLIES 30
Dwight
Newcomer
that would be the modern spelling.

but watch the resolution because the number of individual emitters can get to be a problem.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Now that last image- red and blue light chekerboard room several postings ago - has a big mistake in it. The constant reflectance slab standing in for a light fixture is placed too low and is casting a shadow. Dopey me.

Here's really the last thing before I go back to work:

A lot of people think they need radiosity when fakiosity will do. This image has a plain sun shader with only three general lights illuminating the room. Less than two minutes to render with even that complex Onyx Tree Pro palm tree in it.

All of these solutions are hard to discover on your own, but wth my book and seminar you are at the head of the pack with better than average if not fantastic renderings using the built-in Archicad tools.

Don't miss up a chance to get in on these solutions.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
ANDROID:

A light wth right angled sides would be made by controlling parameters:

the obsolete spotllite for example
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Shame on you guys! (present company excepted) We've had these tools since Archicad 9 and you all had my book available for over a year and still these features aren't general knowledge.

Now a windolite example - sunlite only on left. Best quality windolite and sun on right.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Of cousre, if you need that rectangular wall to actually glow, you'll need to put some light on it, too, like in this neon example. Where the neon isn't the light source, eh?
Dwight Atkinson
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Dwight wrote:
ANDROID:

A light wth right angled sides would be made by controlling parameters:

the obsolete spotllite for example
Even so - (all cone angles set to zero) the light renders with raking cone shape, no way around it as far as I can see...I want laser-parallel light.

Or will just figure out how to rotate window light - Peter, Dwight - help?!
Mul Y?
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Dwight
Newcomer
??
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Looks like you are right about the cones - I took them down to 1 degree with control, but zero sets up some kind of default.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andy,

I don't remember the name of the part/collection, but there's an uplight light source object in one of the collections on Objects Online. I haven't worked with it yet, so I can't tell you how it behaves.

Wendy
Anonymous
Not applicable
There has been so much talk about a vertical light or a neon light or a tube light. And a lot of people have spent a lot of time explaining and writing books. Why the H... doesn't anybody just make the damn light object??? (Sorry about my language. I am very frustrated about this).
First I downloaded ArchiRotate. Does not work on lights. Then I wrote Roty 90 in the strip light script. It works. Just not for the most important part of the light object - the light itself. Is it really true that there is nothing out there? I want a general light that can be looooooong. And I don't want to put a 1000 general lights in my project. What do I do?

PS. Is it still possible to get that book, Dwight?
Learn and get certified!