BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ceiling slab in with the zone tag

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be great if a ceiling slab could be linked to the zone tag so when you put in a zone tag you have a ceiling too. Of course you would need to be able to adjust the ceiling without changing the other qualities of the zone tag. It just seems so monotonous to put in zone tags then go right back over things with a ceiling slab. I love archicad but sometimes it seems like we should be doing 'less' and some things should be more 'automatic'.
If anyone knows of anything that already does this ... please share

Thanks,
Michele
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's only semi-automatic, but you can magic wand the zone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
But wouldn't it be great if all you had to do was tell it what direction the 2x4 tile should go instead of moving it around. When I do something, I always see the greatness of 'If they took this idea one step further, it would really be awesome?'

Sure the slabs with the fill on them is great but what if ......... then I wouldn't have to spend my time dinking around with stuff that could be done automatically. I would just have to fine tune it.

Thanks,
Michele
TomWaltz
Participant
It would be nice sometimes, as long as the room only has one kind/level of ceiling.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
Michele wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if a ceiling slab could be linked to the zone tag so when you put in a zone tag you have a ceiling too.
There used to be a tool for that ... creating ceilings based on zones.

Discontinued now ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!