BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

perspective window problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
when i open perspective window everything looks fine until i am far away from object,now when i try to get closer even i am still enough far the object is cut like there is some cutaway section,and when i go around the object the cutaway follows.whats happening????
i attached pictures so you can see what is happening
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
will anyone answer this year?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You could try a search:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=79271

The truth is it could be many things. Maybe even a problem with your video card. If you supply your hardware/software specs in your signature, you may get a better reply.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have encountered this problem though it renders fine.
Djordje
Ace
Check your polygon count. There is a Goodie for that.

Some people reported that this happens if you use certain door knobs - I do think the round ones.

This looks like it also depends on the OpenGL capabilities of your video card.

HTH, and all the best in 2007!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
One of my clients had this problem. As I recall it was fixed with a video driver update (or maybe a new card - I don't recall).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
You could try a search:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=79271

The truth is it could be many things. Maybe even a problem with your video card. If you supply your hardware/software specs in your signature, you may get a better reply.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Link.
I have tried everything written in here, searched the forum for every possible word that might concern this...

Nothing helped for me, even if i hadnt got any door knobs, any door at all the problem stayed the same.

Any hint is welcome.. But one thing i have to admit, my computer is kinda slow for this. AMD 1800+, GeForce 5600 128, 768 RAM...

In fact, id like to ask about that as well (dont wanna start a new topic): should i boost processor or graphic card in new computer if i want to improve performance of AC10?

(my eng sux i know)
Dwight
Newcomer
But you didn't search for the Evil Chopping Block of Invisibility, did you? So obvious.

I recoommend that you merge your data into a new project file. The persistent, camera-related ECBI seems to scurry once the data is transferred.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have access to another computer that you can test the file on? At my client's office the problem was confined (as I recall) to one project on only one machine. If it is a problem with the computer (even if a clean merge fixes the problem file) it will probably recur. An upgrade or replacement may be in order.
Dwight
Newcomer
On the other hand, as I've said before, with my four year old machine, the problem occurs and then does not. I cannot assign any operation, video card problem or other hardware explanation to it.

Problem files can be sent to other users who can see the same ECBI in the file.

Boogle.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!