BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

perspective window problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
when i open perspective window everything looks fine until i am far away from object,now when i try to get closer even i am still enough far the object is cut like there is some cutaway section,and when i go around the object the cutaway follows.whats happening????
i attached pictures so you can see what is happening
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
On the other hand, as I've said before, with my four year old machine, the problem occurs and then does not. I cannot assign any operation, video card problem or other hardware explanation to it.

Problem files can be sent to other users who can see the same ECBI in the file.

Boogle.
Weird...too bad...and yuch Glad I haven't seen this side of the ECBI.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
But you didn't search for the Evil Chopping Block of Invisibility, did you? So obvious.

I recoommend that you merge your data into a new project file. The persistent, camera-related ECBI seems to scurry once the data is transferred.
Heh, i found out your acronym the first

I tried to copy whole thing to another project. Tried to remove all objects, tried to remove all unneccesary walls (cause i was doing site plan visualisation - urban views), deleted all doors, removed terrain information. Nothing helped

The problem remained. Other designs/projects made in ArchiCad before are fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Do you have access to another computer that you can test the file on? At my client's office the problem was confined (as I recall) to one project on only one machine. If it is a problem with the computer (even if a clean merge fixes the problem file) it will probably recur. An upgrade or replacement may be in order.
Ye, i have read that u mentioned this in another topic. Thx for advice, im gonna try it today on much stronger machine. If it still remain, i would have to get used to it Renders work fine with it, but the interior visualisations might be kinda trouble.
Learn and get certified!