BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cities and BIM (Virtual Bldg)

Rakela Raul
Participant
Most of the Cities have consultants: architects, engineers, etc...and all consultants must submit their work to the City following guidelines like the AIA Cad standards and the like:
Do you know any City that already incorporated BIM guidelines??

tons of thx in advance
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
26 REPLIES 26
Rakela Raul
Participant
Andy,
i receivd 4 or 5 files: can u pls tell me (email is ok)
which is the main file ?, and / or which is a reference file or they are all independent files ?
do i need the test dgn file?? if u could clarify the pack, thx
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
andy, now im ready to try it
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
i installed ms mx, seems the latest version of microstation....
i considered the city file big, but it is handled so easily with ms...opens really quick, but ms always had that abili ty....
exporting the city file? to something i can read ? i dont think so....not too many options, i even tried sketchup...but, bentley is known to have addons and files that you need to download, etc..which i didnt do....so far, i didnt like it at all.
then, exporting using IFC....not with this latest version...!!! that IFC addon only come with bentley architecture, which is another module that requires another prerequisite package to be installed and a diffrent msmx version that need to be installed before you installed a 3rd package, the architecture package or module.
i installed everything but the architecture module wouldnt install cuz of wrong version something....a pain, i though retrieving the goodies for ac10 from their web site was a pain..after this experience...no problem.
i asked help from experts and that didnt help either.....i placed a call to bentley 3d expert (never returned my call) if you ask my very personal opinion, not a tool for me...and sorry i couldnt show you incorrect cuz i was born using ms
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
stefan
Expert
AFAIK, Bentley has only IFC support within Bentley Architecture (which requires the Triforma module too). I don't think IFC support has any meaning in plain MicroStation, which is a generic CAD program and not a building modeler...

I don't have this Architecture version here, only the (latest) MicroStation, Triforma and Structural editions.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong 😉
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Rakela Raul
Participant
AFAIK, Bentley has only IFC support within Bentley Architecture (which requires the Triforma module too). I don't think IFC support has any meaning in plain MicroStation, which is a generic CAD program and not a building modeler...

I don't have this Architecture version here, only the (latest) MicroStation, Triforma and Structural editions.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong

i dont know about 'not a building modeler' , maybe plain ms has no 'specific building tools' (walls , windows, etc) but has excellent modeling tools...you can model from a boat to a spheric building if u wish.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
stefan
Expert
Rakela wrote:
myself wrote:
i dont know about 'not a building modeler' , maybe plain ms has no 'specific building tools' (walls , windows, etc) but has excellent modeling tools...you can model from a boat to a spheric building if u wish.
I mean that Bentley Architecture has specific architectural objects as opposed to geometrical objects. Think of the comparison between AutoCAD versus Architectural Desktop. Or AutoCAD versus ArchiCAD 😉

IFC support makes no sense when the software has no way of defining building objects (walls, windows etc...) as such.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Rakela Raul
Participant
im with you !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?