BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

multi-cladding in one single wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I have a question,
Is there any way to make multi-cladding in one single wall?? Ie, brick veneer wall with plaster above window head.

I’ve tried with 2 walls on different levels, 0-2200mm (make wall to brick veneer), 2200 – 3000mm (make wall to plaster), but then the window I’ve inserted on the brick veneer walls has covered by the plaster wall above it, which make it hard to see window openings on floor plan.

Is there any other easier way to do multi-cladding in one single wall??

much thanks

Star
13 REPLIES 13
Two Things:

1. sorry if I am perceived as lazy, but where is Matthew's 'fix'. I knowsomeone who's problem could be solved if I found it.

2. Cadimage Accessory Tool is very interesting when it comes to cladding walls. Basically it creates a Pressure Equalized Rainsreen Wall Assembly

cf. http://www.homeenergy.org/archive/hem.dis.anl.gov/eehem/99/991108.html

It lacks the parameters to detail the materials between the structural wall and the outside finish, but as many jurisdictions in Canada are looking at this solution and some - like British Columbia - are making it mandatory, the Accessory tool shouldn't be overlooked.

For the Wall Section detailer the Accessory tool affords you the advantage of creating a modeled wall where components of the assembly terminate at different heights. And thuis can be done without excessive transofrmation of the wall section from live model view to static 2D drawing. Cladding can extend below the floor line and terminate at the soffit. Editing the Wall Cladding is done graphically.

Have alook at it and keep encouraging Tony Krepler and company to add some more functionality to it. In my estimation it has great potential to stop being strictly a visualization tool and cross over into the realm of being the detailer's 'must-have accessory'.

The Roffing accessory doesn't seem to work all that well for asphalt shingled roofs - too many pieces of flashing and support that can't be turned off, but again it ismiles ahead of anything I've come across. Until the ArchiCAD wall can understand internally the difference between a ridge and a valley on a pitched roof assembly, the modeling of a roof for construction purposes is a daunting thing.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
1. sorry if I am perceived as lazy, but where is Matthew's 'fix'. I knowsomeone who's problem could be solved if I found it.
You can find it here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Aaron wrote:
You can find it here.
Matthew,
Do you know if Graphisoft has ever updated their AC10 library to fix this problem? It looks like the latest updated library is dated October 26,2006...hardly seems like the updated macro would be included as your fix was developed later than that.

If it has never been fixed, I wonder what most users are doing when trying to place a window in a profiled wall?

Thanks,
Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan wrote:
If it has never been fixed, I wonder what most users are doing when trying to place a window in a profiled wall?
Cussing at it and figuring out a workaround I guess.
Learn and get certified!