BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

A minor Text Tool bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found a minor bug in the Text Tool.

When I switch the background fill and offset it, the selection dots do not change their position according to the new size of the rectangle, which makes it difficult to select the letter.

This problem does not appear when the boundary is switched on.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kliment

What hotfix are you on? I am still on 1010 and don't have this problem. I hope they haven't "fixed" it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works in swedish 1010 too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is definitely something happening to text in the 1183 update. It caused all my text (Arial Narrow) to reduce it's spacing width. I had to go back to 1010 to fix the problem.

I had noticed there were some text anomalies in early builds. Maybe this fix was trying to correct this.

Update to 1183 with extreme caution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sam66 wrote:
There is definitely something happening to text in the 1183 update. It caused all my text (Arial Narrow) to reduce it's spacing width. I had to go back to 1010 to fix the problem.

I had noticed there were some text anomalies in early builds. Maybe this fix was trying to correct this.

Update to 1183 with extreme caution.
I concur with this as well. I have reverted to the 1010 patch because of some serious issues I was having with PDF output. I would recommend that no one moves past the 1010 patch unless you have good reason. Graphisoft seems to have taken several steps backwards. The closeness between the 1176 patch and 1183 release dates lets you know that there were certainly issues with the 1176 patch and the problems I was having were not corrected by the 1183 patch.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is OK now with patch 1176!
I am still anxious to get 1183 - perhaps later.
Learn and get certified!