Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can not save to DWG?

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason, I am not getting the option to save or publish to DWG? Any thoughts on what I may be missing?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I've had this happen a couple of times, and end up re-installing AC.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Check under the add-ons manager.
I know that if you don't have the dwg/dxf input /output loaded, you won't be able to save to dwg.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haneef wrote:
Check under the add-ons manager.
I know that if you don't have the dwg/dxf input /output loaded, you won't be able to save to dwg.
I just checked my Add-on manager and it shows my "dwg-dfx in-out" add-on as "The file is an outdated Add-on that cannot be used with this version of Archicad"

I saved the add-on from another computer here at my office to my computer and tried to upload it using my add-on manager, but I still get the same message.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Huh -- well, this seems to be your problem. What build are you on? My guess is you have an outdated Add-On which needs to be replaced with one of the same build.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Huh -- well, this seems to be your problem. What build are you on? My guess is you have an outdated Add-On which needs to be replaced with one of the same build.
Yep, I think that's it.

I just recently changed offices and the originial computer I was working on was up to build 1176. Now, on my new computer, the AC10 is only up to build 1010.

I'm dowloading the latest version to see if that works.

I'll let you know how it comes out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mm... build?

what is build? " it seems like the name of hotfix?"

if so.. how i can have a version.. with a different "build"?

"mm. i guess its not hotfix"
TomWaltz
Participant
When you click About Archicad, you get a graphic with a small "build number" on it.

That number tells you exactly which version of Archicad you are using. The latest for Archicad 10 is build 1183.

Sometimes if you deal directly with Tech Support, you may get a different build than the public has.

If you really want to know more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_build
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was the answer.

I assumed all our computers were up to date with the latest version, but I was wrong.

I downloaded the latest build and all is back to normal.