BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

DETAILS LIBRARY

Anonymous
Not applicable
At our office we have a details library that was started when Archicad 8 existed sometime ago. Many of the drawings we reuse on our present work. I wish to know if there is a way to convert lines, objects, everything that was 8, 9 ---> to 10. This file we modify as we construct new details, and it only holds that. I link from new projects to it. I bring in the details into the new project as external source or I sometimes copy them into the drawing.

I also don't understand how I can link these external source drawings to my labels. So I have been numbering my labels as custom text - prone to have mistakes I have to triple-quadruple check my work if I have not shifted the numbers correctly.

If anyone out there can help, it will be most appreciated.

Sorry if I sound like an amateur, but I am - I just started using the program about 10 months ago.

Pitouflette
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
At our office we have a details library that was started when Archicad 8 existed sometime ago. Many of the drawings we reuse on our present work. I wish to know if there is a way to convert lines, objects, everything that was 8, 9 ---> to 10. This file we modify as we construct new details, and it only holds that. I link from new projects to it. I bring in the details into the new project as external source or I sometimes copy them into the drawing.

I also don't understand how I can link these external source drawings to my labels. So I have been numbering my labels as custom text - prone to have mistakes I have to triple-quadruple check my work if I have not shifted the numbers correctly.

If anyone out there can help, it will be most appreciated.

Sorry if I sound like an amateur, but I am - I just started using the program about 10 months ago.

Pitouflette
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have moved the topic to libraries subtopic - I figured is more adequate there. Sorry for posting twice - but I figured that this doesn't make much sense here - maybe that is why I haven't recieved an answer.

Pitouflette
TomWaltz
Participant
Actually, it makes more sense here since the Libraries / Library Parts / GDL forums is about object libraries and programming.

You cannot link detail markers in one file to details drawn in another file.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!