BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

DETAILS LIBRARY

Anonymous
Not applicable
At our office we have a details library that was started when Archicad 8 existed sometime ago. Many of the drawings we reuse on our present work. I wish to know if there is a way to convert lines, objects, everything that was 8, 9 ---> to 10. This file we modify as we construct new details, and it only holds that. I link from new projects to it. I bring in the details into the new project as external source or I sometimes copy them into the drawing.

I also don't understand how I can link these external source drawings to my labels. So I have been numbering my labels as custom text - prone to have mistakes I have to triple-quadruple check my work if I have not shifted the numbers correctly.

If anyone out there can help, it will be most appreciated.

Sorry if I sound like an amateur, but I am - I just started using the program about 10 months ago.

Pitouflette
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
At our office we have a details library that was started when Archicad 8 existed sometime ago. Many of the drawings we reuse on our present work. I wish to know if there is a way to convert lines, objects, everything that was 8, 9 ---> to 10. This file we modify as we construct new details, and it only holds that. I link from new projects to it. I bring in the details into the new project as external source or I sometimes copy them into the drawing.

I also don't understand how I can link these external source drawings to my labels. So I have been numbering my labels as custom text - prone to have mistakes I have to triple-quadruple check my work if I have not shifted the numbers correctly.

If anyone out there can help, it will be most appreciated.

Sorry if I sound like an amateur, but I am - I just started using the program about 10 months ago.

Pitouflette
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have moved the topic to libraries subtopic - I figured is more adequate there. Sorry for posting twice - but I figured that this doesn't make much sense here - maybe that is why I haven't recieved an answer.

Pitouflette
TomWaltz
Participant
Actually, it makes more sense here since the Libraries / Library Parts / GDL forums is about object libraries and programming.

You cannot link detail markers in one file to details drawn in another file.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!