Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Partial Rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Archicad 9 in order to do a partial rendering it says to select a set range for the rendering range.
Where do I get the numbers that correspond to pixel lines and columns? Is there a marquee I can used to select the partial area?
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No you can't use a marquee to determine what will be partially rendered AFAIK.

The lines and columns are based on the resulting rendering size, and are taken from the top and left, down and to the right. Keep in mind that prior to this, the size and shape of your 3D window will determine what is seen in the Photorendering window.

My advice would be to match these identically in shape. Size doesn't really matter (as they say), but if the 3D window and the Photorendering window are the same proportions, you will get much more predictable results.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The partial rendering setting is to split the work between two machines. One to render lines 1-1024 and the other for 1024-2048 for example. With modern machines this should not be needed. You can use the marquee to render only part of the model. This can also be stored with the view.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Matthew wrote:
The partial rendering setting is to split the work between two machines.
And of course, just for quick render checks.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
It bears pointing out that partial renderings cannot be done in LightWorks.

In the old days, i had a rendering with 50,000 individually modeled bricks. We rendered 100 lines each night for a week. That was useful.
Dwight Atkinson