Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How do I properly sort this door schedule?

Brad Elliott
Booster
Please see the attached door schedule & settings. I would really like A to come before B in this schedule and have been unable to do it. If you have a way please let me know.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
6 REPLIES 6
Brad Elliott
Booster
And the settings.

By the way, if someone can explain how to do two attachments or have the images show on the page I would appreciate it. I previewed the submittal and used the additional choose file window but it would not load anything.
M1 Macbook Pro
Karl Ottenstein
Brad wrote:
Please see the attached door schedule & settings. I would really like A to come before B in this schedule and have been unable to do it. If you have a way please let me know.
Hi Brad,

In your settings shot, it shows that you only have sorting enabled for the zone number field/column. if you want all 'A' ID values to appear first, simply click the sort flag for the ID in the Schedule Fields box so that it has a down arrow (descending) similar to that shown for the zone number.

By the way, you can also change the Zone Name header so that it displays "Room" as the column header even though it is still reading the zone name content... Similarly, I suspect what you are using the ID for is the unit in a duplex, so you might change the column heading for the A/B.... (An alternate if you decide to display markers and schedules that identify each window/door either uniquely or by size/type is to use the ID field for the door/window ID in that scheme, and use another User Defined field to specify the A/B unit...)

Cheers,
Karl

PS This post belonged in the Schedules and Data Extraction forum...but I understand the confusion as to where to ask...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Brad Elliott
Booster
Karl,
Thanks for the response. That doesn't quite get me where I need to be. The doors are to the same room (by the way thanks for the Zone Name catch I missed that when I set it up). So if when I have 3 doors in the Master Bath there will be doors A, B & C Rm#112.

So I don't want ALL the A values to appear first I just want them to appear in order at each room. If you look at the schedule you will see that it sorts by Room # first which is good but then by Door width next which is bad. I want it to sort by ID letter next instead. Hope this makes more sense.

And yes you are right this should be in the schedules. I just came to Documentation out of habit.
M1 Macbook Pro
Karl Ottenstein
The sorting is left to right (as viewed), top down (as seen in field list).

So, if you want doors grouped by room, you need to place the room number first (drag it up to the top of the list), then ID.

Since you already have the 'flag' set for room number, that means that the room number will not be repeated on each row, as doors A, B, and C are listed...but only on the line with the first door (A). If you want it on every line, then clear the title flag (looks like a flag in your setting screenshot).

There is no way to have them sorted the way you want and yet to have the door ID appear first.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Brad Elliott
Booster
I was afraid that was the case. Another 20 year old way of doing things getting changed for ArchiCAD.

But now that I change the Room Name & Number to the front and sort the doors in the next column it seems to make it easier to find a specific door so maybe that isn't so bad after all.

Thanks Karl
M1 Macbook Pro
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome.