BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
When using the Interior Elevation tool in ArchiCAD 11 we are having trouble with the limits of the views. On one drawing the elevations are displaying Model Items that are outside the limits set in the interior elevation. Has anyone had this problem.
12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly
Cad wrote:
When using the Interior Elevation tool in ArchiCAD 11 we are having trouble with the limits of the views. On one drawing the elevations are displaying Model Items that are outside the limits set in the interior elevation. Has anyone had this problem.
Read the page in the manual relating to interior elevations and curved walls.
Sorry don't have the page number handy at the moment.

The same applies for straight walls that touch the limits of the interior elevation line.
Archicad will automatically show all 3D elements back to the end of the wall/s that touch this extent line - so you may see further than the extent as indicated on plan.

The manual will explain it pretty well.
So try adjusting your extent so it doesn't touch the wall/s that go beyond where you want to see or try using a regular section line.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Can you see your IE limit line? You will need to make sure View> On-screen View Options> Marker Range is indented. Are you sure your limit lines are where you expect?

A screen shot would probably help a lot here.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help. It seems to be because my extent line touches an external wall which then is connected to an internal wall with a door in it.
This can be seen across the top of a kitchen bench in a internal elevation of the kitchen. I think I will have to go back to using the section lines for this one as I do not want the door on this other wall to show up.
Cheers
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Can't you just squeeze the limit line in a little?

Cheers,
Link.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I've had problems with the Interior Elev tool. I wanted a view of a kitchen island and the limit line didn't seem to matter. It displayed the wall and cabinets behind it. Also, at first the windows and doors showed in the walls, and then they disappeared. I went back to using the Section tool.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Stephen wrote:
I've had problems with the Interior Elev tool. I wanted a view of a kitchen island and the limit line didn't seem to matter. It displayed the wall and cabinets behind it. Also, at first the windows and doors showed in the walls, and then they disappeared. I went back to using the Section tool.
Turns out that the limit line only limits the sides, not the depth. This should be improved in the future.

Cheers,
Link.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I have had trouble as well.. I thought is might be due to the use of IE in a room with more than 4 sides... It still needs some work, so I believe I will be blasting many of them into DRAWING mode....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Sols
Newcomer
Link wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Turns out that the limit line only limits the sides, not the depth. This should be improved in the future.
I, for one, hope they get this sorted sooner rather than later. I was all a-quiver at the thought of a proper interior elevation tool only to be let down by this one, glaring omission.

My work-around is to simply model walls on my Room Elevation notes layer to mask the distant detail I don't want shown in the elevations.
Andrew Solomon
Solid Architecture
AC12, 2675 AUS full Intel Core 2 Quad, 2.83 GHz, 4GB RAM, Vista Business 64bit sp2, ATI Radeon 4870 1MB
Wokka
Contributor
This is really dissapointing!
I was in the process of upgrading based mostly on a current job that has lots of internal elevations required. Is it another Archicad 'almost but not quite' tool that will take 3 releases to be fixed or is it a known bug that is being address now? Anyone know?
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Learn and get certified!