BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stop Section Generating

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi, What if any key stops the section etc generating in AC 11?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
The "off" key?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ha, I read that as "What if...?" rather than "what, ...if any...?"
Anonymous
Not applicable
you can set the section to manual rebuild..is this what you mean?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Cmd/ctrl+. is supposed to do it, but good luck with all THAT. Nothing seems to be very reliable apart from Dwight's suggestion, but that tends to wreak havoc with that unsaved Spec you've been working on too.

Cheers,
Link.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi, Thanks for that Link. I did a search before I posted and found the ctrl+ from 2 years ago but it doesn't work. I have the progress window on but the "stop" rarely works.
Dwight
Newcomer
Archicad has this problem with several CPU-intensive tasks. It doesn't poll inputs often enough, so merely pressing a command key once doesn't register.

Do it overandover and hope your key input buffer matches a polling instance. The equivalent of:

"STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPYOUIDIOT!!!"

[Note: This is pure speculation and imaginary function on my part. Sort of like the Mayans explaining a solar eclipse as the sun god being eaten and perhaps we should sacrifice a virgin to get it back.]
Dwight Atkinson
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Brett wrote:
Hi, Thanks for that Link. I did a search before I posted and found the ctrl+ from 2 years ago but it doesn't work. I have the progress window on but the "stop" rarely works.
Are you sure you're hitting ctrl+. ? Don't forget the "." (fullstop/period) and don't forget to do it 9357 times...

Cheers,
Link.
Barry Kelly
Link wrote:
Brett wrote:
Are you sure you're hitting ctrl+. ? Don't forget the "." (fullstop/period) and don't forget to do it 9357 times...

Cheers,
Link.
And it's not the "+" key either.
It is just the "CTRL" and "." keys together.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Brett Brown
Advocate
Thanks again Link, I should read more carefully. Now its working. I usually have sections set to manual rebuild, but with that setting it somehow unchecks the "label" in window and doors. So am getting sick of continually rechecking the label back on again. Have reported it to local support and they confirmed it, but it wasn't fixed in latest hotfix. Hope they relayed the bug to headquarters.
Learn and get certified!